Tell me a story...

Options
Hi hi!

I was just thinking about how happy i was that i've started thinking more about eating well and becoming active, and I want to hear what changes you've made that you're proud of! I feel like i so seldom congratulate myself on taking positive steps for my overall health, and I think it'd be great to share and hear about other people's positive changes.

I've been drinking coffee since I was about 16, and it was my lifeline while i was doing an undergrad at university until I gave it up this past year -- half way into a graduate degree. I didn't think it was possible, but I think that was the biggest step that I've taken toward being healthy. Literally everything else started to fall into place from there.

What little changes have had an impact on your frame of mind? What are you most proud of yourself for?

Thanks!

Replies

• kc_lea
    kc_lea Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi hi!

I was just thinking about how happy i was that i've started thinking more about eating well and becoming active, and I want to hear what changes you've made that you're proud of! I feel like i so seldom congratulate myself on taking positive steps for my overall health, and I think it'd be great to share and hear about other people's positive changes.

I've been drinking coffee since I was about 16, and it was my lifeline while i was doing an undergrad at university until I gave it up this past year -- half way into a graduate degree. I didn't think it was possible, but I think that was the biggest step that I've taken toward being healthy. Literally everything else started to fall into place from there.

What little changes have had an impact on your frame of mind? What are you most proud of yourself for?

Thanks!
  • Sing1outloud
    Sing1outloud Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    well I am a 22 yr old that well went through a bunch of crazy things both health wise and mentally .. of course it all had to happen at once .....

my life hass changed in so many ways ....1st ..I JOG!!!! never in my life have I ever jogged before .... never well at least thought that I could jog like i do now ... no it is not marathons but it is enough that in the words of my wonderfully supportive boyfriend ..... when you get done you feel like you are superwoman...... I also am so proud of myself that I have started to think about the consequences that will come if I eat certain things ......

Really i guess that I can say that I am proud of every little step that I take towards being a little bit more healthy ..... every little bit is making me stronger ! :flowerforyou:

i hope that you feel the same !
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I love MFP for teaching me the so many things that made it so much easier to be healthy.

My new lifestyle isn't hard it just is. I am not dieting, I am living...

I am running further than I ever have before. I could not break out and run more than a 5K for over a year. Within 5 months I am running 10K without any problems.

I go to the gym 3-4 days a week, not 3-4 month. I lift weights. Never would touch them before. I do yoga - its fun! Why didn't I try this sooner!!

I shop the perimeter of the grocery store first and then go into the middle just for filler stuff (cosmetics, paper products, etc.)

Fresh fruit has replaced chips in my house.

My children don't drink anything with Aspartme in it - My intake is very limited - going for complete withdrawal any day now!

My DH doesn't ask what is for dinner anymore - he knows it will be something out of the Hungry Girl cookbook!

I can estimate my total calories for the day within 100 without logging it - I am soooo in tune with what I am eating.
  • kc_lea
    Options
    well I am a 22 yr old that well went through a bunch of crazy things both health wise and mentally .. of course it all had to happen at once .....

my life hass changed in so many ways ....1st ..I JOG!!!! never in my life have I ever jogged before .... never well at least thought that I could jog like i do now ... no it is not marathons but it is enough that in the words of my wonderfully supportive boyfriend ..... when you get done you feel like you are superwoman...... I also am so proud of myself that I have started to think about the consequences that will come if I eat certain things ......

Really i guess that I can say that I am proud of every little step that I take towards being a little bit more healthy ..... every little bit is making me stronger ! :flowerforyou:

i hope that you feel the same !

Thanks for the reply :) Jogging is also my new favourite thing! It's become a staple. It grounds me, it gives me time to think and breathe.

Good for you. Congrats on "every little step" and all the best as you keep up the journey!!
  • kc_lea
    Options
    I love MFP for teaching me the so many things that made it so much easier to be healthy.

My new lifestyle isn't hard it just is. I am not dieting, I am living...

I am running further than I ever have before. I could not break out and run more than a 5K for over a year. Within 5 months I am running 10K without any problems.

I go to the gym 3-4 days a week, not 3-4 month. I lift weights. Never would touch them before. I do yoga - its fun! Why didn't I try this sooner!!

I shop the perimeter of the grocery store first and then go into the middle just for filler stuff (cosmetics, paper products, etc.)

Fresh fruit has replaced chips in my house.

My children don't drink anything with Aspartme in it - My intake is very limited - going for complete withdrawal any day now!

My DH doesn't ask what is for dinner anymore - he knows it will be something out of the Hungry Girl cookbook!

I can estimate my total calories for the day within 100 without logging it - I am soooo in tune with what I am eating.

I can relate - I've learned so much from MFP. Just the fact that it's there, that I can check-in with myself very casually... it's a stress-free process most days.

I can't say i'm at a place where my relationship with food is well regulated, but I'm getting there!
    Thanks for the reply :smile: :smile: Definitely inspirational!