I got an I'm sorry today!

Options
tiffanygil
tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
Hello everyone!

I had to share this....
A few days ago it was my one year anniversary on MFP and Ive almost lost 100lbs in this year. I am 29 years old and up till this point I have never been thin. I have always had a struggle with my weight and have come to the conclusion that I always will. What I mean is, I will always have to be supper diligent about the way I eat and exercise because I still could eat a large cheese pizza with out taking a breath. =)
Because of my body issues I allowed people to treat me unkind, because I didnt feel worthy of love. I had a few boyfriends in high school and most of them treated me pretty bad (now that I look back). One of the worst ones (dated me to get to my cousin and than let everyone know about it and how I really wasnt his "type" ) got a hold of me on facebook today and apologized for being an ******* his words not mine. You see he has gained some roundness in the middle and I am positive he was shocked to see my picture...tee hee.
It felt really good to say "Its okay, trust me I'm over it!" and really mean it! I'm really grateful to this site and all the support it has given me.....Thank you everyone!

Replies

• kawade80
    kawade80 Posts: 44
    Options
    That's awesome.
  • Thinwithin2010
    Thinwithin2010 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Forgiveness is very important for you to do, so you can move on. But when you forgive him make sure you post LOTS of "the new you" pics up....lol Congrat's on your super weight loss.. I love to see there is hope for me too!!! Enjoy life sweetheart..:smile:
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! congrats on the weight loss!
  • cobygrey
    cobygrey Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    You go girl
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Your story gives new meaning to the saying "What goes a'round', comes a'round.":laugh: :laugh: :drinker: :drinker:
  • merbee
    merbee Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I took the liberty of checking out your profiel pictures - and oh my !!! You have done a fantastic job at this weight loss thing. I am amazed when I see these pictures and others that the new thinner person look younger than they do when they started. Just fabulous. And he should be sorry. I hope it haunted him for years until he had the "gumption" to apologize to you. Now you both can have some closure and move on.
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    omg :D that is soooo awesome girl :)

im soo happy for you :)
    that is a real treat :)

im sooo happy for you and the road that you headed to :)
    you are an inspiration, and man oh man. most guys from HS were jerks. i still remember some. and will never forget it. but i have gotten over it. :)
    so hearing this, makes me feel more at home.
  • amtrust
    amtrust Posts: 178
    Options
    That's FANTASTIC!!! 'Would have LOVED to have seen the look on his face looking at your profile pic! You're a total hottie! Cheers to you! :happy:
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. Revenge is sweet....and all you did was be kind to yourself! You are a beautiful person inside and out. Uh......his loss! He didn't deserve you!
    Good for you!:bigsmile:
  • Cynduck
    Cynduck Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Very cool!!!
  • MzMolly
    MzMolly Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    That is great!! Congrats on your success!!
  • jessicajoy87
    jessicajoy87 Posts: 905
    Options
    Ha! In your freakin face! I am so glad about that. You also gotta give him cedit for growing some b***s and apoligizing. It amazing how God works.

By the way you look amazing!
  • nikkieliivey
    nikkieliivey Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    good for you! what an inspiration! you do deserve to be treated like the beautiful person you are.
  • buttercupke
    Options
    That is great!!!
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! Like someone else said, you're a hottie! I can only hope when I reach my goal I look as great as you!
    Thanks for being a great inspiration. :)
  • TaraEpersaud
    Options
    omg that is awesome.
  • dontpanic1984
    dontpanic1984 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Nice! Congrats! You lost the equivalent of a very small person :) Fabulous achievement and keep up the good work!
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    That's so great! :) Congratulations on your loss and bravo for forgiving :) People being that way can be pretty damaging. Good for you!
  • johnporcaro
    johnporcaro Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome, Tiff. Just be careful that he's not flirting with you, in a roundabout (and possibly insincere) way. Take it as the acknowledgement that it is, that he was a jerk, that you're worthy of being treated with respect (now, and then), and that he is sorry. And if it had anything to do with the fact that you're looking so great (see, now I'm flirting! ;) ), then all the better.

Keep it up, you deserve every bit of positive comments/feelings/perception that you're getting, you've worked your @ss off (uh, literally!).

John
  • LoveMy4Kids
    LoveMy4Kids Posts: 231
    Options
    Love it!!! You go girl!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!