Strange things I have seen at the gyms treadmills today.

Options
Girl down the way running in a denim skirt and flip flops. Dude next to me was a few miles into his running and all of a sudden he starts punching the air and screaming YEAH YEAH YEAH like Rocky Balboa. 10 minutes later another guy on the other side of me starts doing pushups off the heart rate bars while he is walking at something like a 2.0-2.5 pace. Same guy tries doing jumping jacks while still on the treadmill. I don't get it. :noway:

Replies

• Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    At least they're moving :)

On Facebook, I like to visit the page "Awkward gym moments"

They also have motivational posts too.
  • jackiecamarena
    jackiecamarena Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    This is true. Although I think pushups would be more effective if you did them while not on a treadmill, hahaha.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    i once worked out with only one shoe because i forgot that other. Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Boy you'd have fun watching me and my gym buddy then! We do a circuit training routine on the treadmill. We do things like walking lunges, squats, push-ups, walk backwards with butt kicks and grape vines. We sweat our fannies off for about 45 minites and burn at least 400 calories. I also do squats on the elliptical and arm exercises on the bike. Laugh all you want...
  • MissSifaka
    MissSifaka Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have seen people do some crazy *kitten* things at my gym, these people gave me the confidence to start a strength program. I figured I couldn't possibly be the strangest looking/acting person at the gym. I would like to put a thank you out to the guy with the super short shorts doing burpees.
  • kr381806
    kr381806 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I once saw a girl running in jeans and Ugg boots. I don't even want to fathom how gross her feet were afterwards... :sick:
  • catrunsintowindow
    catrunsintowindow Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    i once worked out with only one shoe because i forgot that other. Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do

But... why not just work out barefoot? Or in socks?
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    My gym has a rule about shirts and shoes :laugh:

Saw some guy do the crab walk backwards on the treadmill, not slow either.. I'm not sure if I was amused or concerned
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Please for the love of god.......... STOP HOLDING ON TO THE MACHINE! whats the effen point of putting the treadmill on a steep incline if youre gonna HOLD ON!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????????????????
    DUDE!!! :devil:

Please just get off the treadmill and let a hottie with awesome spandex or a running skirt get on!! :bigsmile:
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Please for the love of god.......... STOP HOLDING ON TO THE MACHINE! whats the effen point of putting the treadmill on a steep incline if youre gonna HOLD ON!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????????????????

Please just get off the treadmill and let a hottie with awesome spandex or a running skirt get on!! :bigsmile:

Because a steep incline is a great way to get the heart pumping. So what if I'm holding on while I'm doing it? Seriously. What is it with these people who are so busy watching everyone else work out and are SO worried and concerned about what I'm doing? Concentrate on your own workout and mind your own business.

*This has nothing to do with the OP because you're talking about the weird things that you see at the gym which are pretty funny.*

I did the elliptical in socks once because I forgot my shoes. This was at the small corporate gym I worked out at and I actually went out to see if anyone had sneakers and they didn't and I was about to change back into my clothes and go back to work but the girl behind the desk wouldn't let me. She said I could do it in my socks LOL.
  • TomjsAj
    TomjsAj Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen anything weird but I sure have some gross things. I never get on a machine without cleaning it first and after.
    There are just some places your hands should not go before you touch a public machine others use! EWWWWW

Oh and I think gas is funny because I am a silly person but not where I have to breath heavy ! Geeez! I know some can't help it but seriously I think some just don't care LOL Please for the love of Italy don't eat beans before your workout! HAHA
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options

Because a steep incline is a great way to get the heart pumping. So what if I'm holding on while I'm doing it? Seriously. What is it with these people who are so busy watching everyone else work out and are SO worried and concerned about what I'm doing? Concentrate on your own workout and mind your own business.

*This has nothing to do with the OP because you're talking about the weird things that you see at the gym which are pretty funny.*

I did the elliptical in socks once because I forgot my shoes. This was at the small corporate gym I worked out at and I actually went out to see if anyone had sneakers and they didn't and I was about to change back into my clothes and go back to work but the girl behind the desk wouldn't let me. She said I could do it in my socks LOL.

Its all good in the hood playa.................Im just giving you a TIP......................if YOU let go of the treadmill your workout will be even MORE awesome!
    By holding on your only kidding yourself as to how much of an incline you are REALLY doing.................
  • Saaaam42
    Saaaam42 Posts: 154 Member
    Options

THIS is why I will NEVER join a gym ever again. Nobody judges me in my basement. I think more people watching happens at the gym than actual working out, yuck.
  • Tristin_T
    Options
    cracked me up!!
  • bmstee03
    bmstee03 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    The other day I saw a man in khaki's, polo shirt, and dress shoes on the treadmill. S
    unday I was next to a woman on the ellipitcal who seriously texted like a mad woman the entire time while she moved the elliptical just fast enough so it wouldn't turn off.
    There is another woman I see in the mornings a few days a week who ALWAYS runs on the treadmill in a silk blouse.

We have some odd ducks at our gym.
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    LOL!!! I want to go to your gym!!! Sounds pretty Darn Amuzing ha! ;)
  • BigAndTallSection
    BigAndTallSection Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed this thread and all I can add is that I hope to same day get around to getting into the gym so that I can add something useful to this discussion. I will be the large guy in the zebra looking pant outfit, btw.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    There is a lady at my gym that uses the stair stepper every day. Its the escalator style where you actually step up, and she STOMPS up that thing like she is trying to break it, all while at a 90 degree angle with her arms on the bars and her head dangling looking down at her feet. She is in REALLY good shape, but I just do not get her workout. The stomping is really distracting.

I look forward to seeing you in the zebra outfit tmiller :)
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I do dry treadmill runs as part of my circuit training and I get some funny looks.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    I will be the large guy in the zebra looking pant outfit, btw.

We can get matching Zubaz!