owchy boobies and 30 day shred

Options
I'm doing the 30 day shred currently on day 7 (i think)
Any way I have the mirena coil fitted and don't have periods but i do get enormous sore boobies because of it. It usually lasts about a week and I cant do the jumping jacks or jump rope and all those moves. Any idea what i can do to replace them just for this week?

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Get a better sports bra with more support.
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I can't do those things the way she does either so I just step out and tap with my foot for jumping jacks and skipping is more like very low impact jogging.
  • connie1208
    Options
    Just walk in place really fast..it burns the same calories..I wear a heart rate monitor..to monitor my heart rate to keep it up.
  • laylaness
    laylaness Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Get a better sports bra with more support.

This. Or skaters, which she does in level 2.
  • ChrisR0se
    ChrisR0se Posts: 1,855 Member
    Options
    Hold em lol seriously. ..I hold em tight and then keep jumping..still warms you up, elevates hr and...who doesn't like a handful :drinker:
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Double up your bra and sports bra - that or get off the coil. Can't avoid jumping jacks and jump rope forever
  • zooles
    zooles Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I know someone who will wear two sports bras to help with the jiggle.
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options
    I have no boobs, but my sister (who apparently got my boobs for me) has huge ones and wears two sports bras when she does 30DS. Says it works.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Double up your bra and sports bra - that or get off the coil. Can't avoid jumping jacks and jump rope forever

Better sports bra or double up.
  • KristenRidl
    KristenRidl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You could also do "fast feet". You spread your legs a bit wider than hip width apart, bend down a bit, into a sort-of half squat, and pick up your feet and put them down as quickly as possible. (Football players do this exercise, if you're looking for some sort of reference.) I usually do this move in place of other cardio moves when my back is sore. It really gets the heart rate up!
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options
    Hold em lol seriously. ..I hold em tight and then keep jumping..still warms you up, elevates hr and...who doesn't like a handful :drinker:

lolz!!!
    I guess I would have a handful if I could put both of mine in one hand...
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I second the better bra.....
  • 73Freckles
    73Freckles Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    double up on the sports bras or do the jumping jacks without the arms. i have to take my forearms and squeeze mine in at the sides to keep them still. the things we got to do as women, i tell ya!!
  • Narla444
    Narla444 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I haven't had that side effect from the Mirena (and really hope I don't!!) but I agree with the posts above - better support.
    I tried on the UnderArmour one and it was SUPER supportive, but I still like my Nike one best because of the racer back.
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I've got the same problem. Mirena and all. I have a very tight sports bra that integrates my boobies (I'm a G cup, so lots of work for the bra) into my chest and if it gets to bad do what has been said before... Skaters, maybe skipping from one to the other foot or side steps, high knees etc...
  • mum212
    mum212 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    when i do jumping jacks and jump rope i always need a wee so i have to stop/pause dvd in the first 5 mins and go to pee. get a good support bra this will help and if this doesnt work then do jogging on the spot x or add more strenght push ups like she does in the first part of level 1 x good luck x
  • debbieled32
    Options
    i have the same issue with the boobs
    i got a really good sports bra from jcpennies
    or you can do the punches
  • JennKoz529
    JennKoz529 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    when i do jumping jacks and jump rope i always need a wee so i have to stop/pause dvd in the first 5 mins and go to pee. get a good support bra this will help and if this doesnt work then do jogging on the spot x or add more strenght push ups like she does in the first part of level 1 x good luck x

OMG!! I thought I was the only one who had this problem!!! The first few minutes feel like I am going to pee my pants! LoL!
  • tubbyelmo
    tubbyelmo Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I used to get VERY sore boobs every month but since I joined MFP and cut back on sodium and drank loads more water every day the monthly curse of sore boobs is no more. Suffered for years and feel blessed that it no longer bothers me!! The thought of wearing a better sports bra when my boobs were sore makes my eyes water, better to modify the moves so they are lower impact.
  • Lulzaroonie
    Lulzaroonie Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I actually double up my normal bra with a sports bra over the top. Having natural G boobies, there is no way I'm keeping the girls rock steady when working out.