help. what do I eat?

Options
So I just signed up to this site last night.. Im seroous about.losing weight amd my ugly stomach.. But idk.where to really start. Idk what to eat. I dnt eat a lot and I stay away from fast food (its gross to me lol ).. But I drink 2% milk and wnt try nom fat. I dnt like diet foods or drinks. I dnt eat seafood either.. Any advice on what can I eat for breakfast, lunch amd dinner. Im not much of a snack person but if it will help me I will get a few things.. Im going to the market today. Any tips on what should I get ?

Replies

• CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    So I just signed up to this site last night.. Im seroous about.losing weight amd my ugly stomach.. But idk.where to really start. Idk what to eat. I dnt eat a lot and I stay away from fast food (its gross to me lol ).. But I drink 2% milk and wnt try nom fat. I dnt like diet foods or drinks. I dnt eat seafood either.. Any advice on what can I eat for breakfast, lunch amd dinner. Im not much of a snack person but if it will help me I will get a few things.. Im going to the market today. Any tips on what should I get ?

Shop the perimeter of the store. The veggies, fruits, and lean meats like chicken. Any reason for steering clear of seafood or do you just not like it? Other good foods are nuts, seeds, some whole grains, and as far as dairy goes... that's up to you. I'm personally not a fan of dairy, but if you're into it, just make sure it's actual milk, cheese and yogurt and not "cheese product" or made with high fructose corn syrup.

Look at labels. The fewer ingredients, the better.

Basically the best rule of thumb to follow to make it all easy is this: buy 80-90% foods with ONE ingredient (ie: broccoli, chicken, bananas, etc, etc, etc) and 10-20% junk you like to eat, but may not be all that great for you. As long as you stick to that ratio, and eat at a deficit, you'll lose weight.

Good luck!
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options

Shop the perimeter of the store. The veggies, fruits, and lean meats like chicken. Any reason for steering clear of seafood or do you just not like it? Other good foods are nuts, seeds, some whole grains, and as far as dairy goes... that's up to you. I'm personally not a fan of dairy, but if you're into it, just make sure it's actual milk, cheese and yogurt and not "cheese product" or made with high fructose corn syrup.

Basically the best rule of thumb to follow to make it all easy is this: buy 80-90% foods with ONE ingredient (ie: broccoli, chicken, bananas, etc, etc, etc) and 10-20% junk you like to eat, but may not be all that great for you. As long as you stick to that ratio, and eat at a deficit, you'll lose weight.

Good luck!

dido
  • sjwright66
    Options
    First off, WELCOME! You are going to love this site! :)

Now, I'm no expert but here are some ideas:

Breakfast: Fry up an egg, or eat oatmeal or farina. One of my all time favorites is a good protein shake or fruit smoothie though! But remember to always eat breakfast - it's the most important meal of the day! :)

Lunch: Sandwiches aren't too bad in calories. ALWAYS go for whole wheat bread! Add a few slices of Turkey, some mayo, and tomato and lettuce. I LOVE a good salad for lunch too. You can go with the classic lettuce and lite dressing or spruce it up a bit with some turkey or chicken, peas, shredded carrots, etc.

Snacks: Banana. You can also put a little all-natural peanutbutter on it (I like the skippy no stir the best). Also, Kashi has FANTASTIC granola bars which are a good protein booster that will hold you over. My current obsession is the Dark Mocha Almond, it's delish! :)

Dinner: Roasted, boneless, skinless chicken breast! I LOVE this dinner! Add a side of brown rice and A TON of vegetables!

Hope I was able to help a little! :)
  • notsolovely
    Options
    Thank u, I enjoy all fruits and vegetables just dnt know how to make them into an appetizing meal.. I just dnt like seafood, ive tried it and its not for me.. I eat everything 100% dairy. I think I eat to much dairy. I love milk but idk if thats bad while im losing weight. And im not into the idea of going less then.2%.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    0ac3023ac5337ee6ac46d424c8dad4e4_zpse0beef52.jpg
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Read this:

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/what-should-you-eat/

Eat like it suggests, stay within your calorie limits, make those limits reasonable, and you'll do just fine.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    0ac3023ac5337ee6ac46d424c8dad4e4_zpse0beef52.jpg
    1g of protein/pound of body weight? that should read LEAN bodyweight at the very least. but otherwise a good chart.
  • nm8962
    nm8962 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have always been a milk drinker & I could not wrap my taste buds around drinking skim milk. I did try that un-sweeten Almond Breeze milk & Coconut milk. I could get by when I used it when eating cereal, but it just didn't do the trick when having cookies & milk. So guess what? I continue to drink 2% milk & have been losing weight successfully. The more you are able to eat & drink the things that you like, the more successful you will be on this journey. Welcome!
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options

Good luck!

dido

Dido? What does the English singer have to do with weight loss?

I think you mean ditto. ;)
  • lismarie95
    Options
    can someone please write down a list for what i could buy to eat healthier?? i've not got a clue at all :(