Who works out on their lunch break?

Options
I have hour long lunch breaks at work and I often find myself thinking "Hey, I could probably fit in a workout" .. but I'm afraid to get too sweaty and have to sit through another 4 hours of work all yucky. If you work out on your lunch break, what do you do for a workout? How do you deal with the sweatiness factor?

Replies

• christy3565
    christy3565 Posts: 349
    Options
    I only have 30 minutes but I do go out for brisk walks. My office is on the third floor so if it's raining or freezing outside I will climb the stairs from the basement to my floor for that 30 minutes. Gets my heart rate up but not to the sweaty extent of say being in the gym :)
  • Kimber3907
    Options
    We have a group that works out at lunch we change into workout clothes and we have a room we use and do a two mile brisk walk. Started out just a handful of women now the men actually sometimes out number the women. And we have all lost weight. We pop in Lesley Samsone DVD and off we go. I normally don't sweat but for the ones that do they change clothes and bring in a wash cloth before they get back into their office wear.
  • Jillyfish99
    Jillyfish99 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    i have a gym that just opened across the street so it's conveinant on my hour break to go over there, workout for about 35 minutes, shower my body off, not my hair, then change back into clothes and drive with the windows down on the way back to dry my hair lol.
    otherwise I just go for a walk or find somewhere to do push ups, planks etc.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    When I do workout I get a quick shower in and pull my hair back or just use a lot of body spray and deodorant.
  • stefi2107
    stefi2107 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    We have an indoor walking path at work (its an old gigantic factory that has been turned into businesses. it's great for walking in the winter when it's cold or if it's raining outside. It's a half mile loop. I walk for a half hour.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I did for 3 years. The gyms has showers and I got very good at drying & dressing really fast !
  • liftreadphilosophize
    liftreadphilosophize Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I find I can squeeze in a 3 mile run in a lunch break, with time to cool down a little, rinse my face, neck, underarms, etc. before heading back to my desk. Also: having a stash of baby wipes or feminine hygiene wipes at your desk or in your "work"ing out gym bag is a good idea. :-)

If you want to avoid getting sweaty, though, taking a brisk, half-hour walk is good. Maybe 30 minutes of yoga if you have the space and privacy.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I could usually get in a 40 min run and shower during my hr, but we have a gym in the basement.
  • determined136
    Options
    I workout everyday on my lunch hour. We have a full gym in the office and a locker room and showers.

It is so wonderful knowing that anything I do when I get home is bonus!

Try it.... you may love it and it may not be for you
  • jos82
    jos82 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I go for lunch runs or RUNch's ... I should note that I usually work from home so I dress for the run in the am then run/shower at lunch, not 100% possible for everyone but it is doable even with a standard office job - 20/30 min run is better than nothing