How much is too much?

Options
I don't want to overdo it, but I am really psyched up and after doing a 22 minute exercise session, I feel like doing more. Should I stick with my set goal or should I listen to my inner motivation for more?

My exercise is relatively light compared to what most are probably doing, I am starting out with wii fit plus. I'd also like to start 30 day shred. Would both in one day be too much in your opinions?

Ht: 5'1
CW: 227
GW: 115

Thanks, and sorry if I sound like a bit uneducated. Truth is, I really am when it comes to exercise.

Replies

• PapillonKisses
    Options
    What is your body saying? Sometimes we mentally want to keep going, when our bodies are giving signals that they need a rest. If your body is still feeling good, go for it!
  • jjkale
    jjkale Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I think you should just listen to your body. If you feel ok then continue, if your body is sending you signals to stop, then stop.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I don't want to overdo it, but I am really psyched up and after doing a 22 minute exercise session, I feel like doing more. Should I stick with my set goal or should I listen to my inner motivation for more?

My exercise is relatively light compared to what most are probably doing, I am starting out with wii fit plus. I'd also like to start 30 day shred. Would both in one day be too much in your opinions?

Ht: 5'1
    CW: 227
    GW: 115

Thanks, and sorry if I sound like a bit uneducated. Truth is, I really am when it comes to exercise.

Love 30 day shred! If you feel you can do more then go for it! My general rule of thumb for workout time - is more than 30 minutes but less than 60 minutes.
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Are you at risk of being sore if you work out to much longer? How do you respond to being sore? If you are a person that would skip a workout tomorrow because you are sore then perhaps going longer today is not a good trade off. But other then that if you are feeling it and want to exercise more then go for it!
  • lightdiva1
    lightdiva1 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Listen to your body. Best advice you can get. If you feel great and can do more, do it. If you feel you can't, don't push it. I aim for 30 minutes a day of working out, Sometimes I do 60 minutes, sometimes I get to 25 and am dying. Listen to your body. Pushing it to hard can increase the risk for injury, not pushing can lead to boredom. So, again, listen to your body.
  • Thanks everyone. All great answers. I am feeling pretty good, and I've never been one to baby myself when I'm a little sore. I think I am going to go ahead and start on 30 day shred. If I can't make it through the full first day, I'll just aim for that tomorrow.

<3