The 5/2 fasting diet?

Options
Hi, been using MFP for a few months now and it is great for calorie calculations now that i am using the 5/2 diet. I now have a question. (don't we all? )
I know i have to restrict myself to 600 calories on my fasting days, Monday and Friday but as my (generally accepted) MBR is around 2300, do i have to eat that amount on my normal eating days to avoid my body going into starvation mode? It may sound a silly question but i was using my 'goal' calorie intake on here for losing 1lb a week and that was 1930 calories.
That would mean a deficit of about 5550 a week! Should i counter act this by eating up to my BMR on my non fasting days and let the calorie deficit on my fasting days do the work, so to speak?

Replies

• mickstereftb
    mickstereftb Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi, been using MFP for a few months now and it is great for calorie calculations now that i am using the 5/2 diet. I now have a question. (don't we all? )
    I know i have to restrict myself to 600 calories on my fasting days, Monday and Friday but as my (generally accepted) MBR is around 2300, do i have to eat that amount on my normal eating days to avoid my body going into starvation mode? It may sound a silly question but i was using my 'goal' calorie intake on here for losing 1lb a week and that was 1930 calories.
    That would mean a deficit of about 5550 a week! Should i counter act this by eating up to my BMR on my non fasting days and let the calorie deficit on my fasting days do the work, so to speak?

Of course i mean BMR!!!