What's for breakfast ?

Options

Replies

• rebeccalouisemellor
    Options
    I had blueberry waffles and a soy iced latte! :)

YUM! I want this right now for Brenner xxx
  • gapm
    gapm Posts: 48
    Options
    My current favorite breakfast is about 1/2 cup of fresh blackberries mixed with 1/2 cup of plain yogurt and 1/4 cup almonds. Other fruits and nuts work just as well, but blackberries and almonds are what I have at today.
  • catio23
    catio23 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Today was brown rice mixed with almond milk, banana, honey and cinnamon. Like oatmeal but better :)
    Followed with a hard boiled egg for morning snack.
  • Cindygutie
    Cindygutie Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Today, a CLIF bar and an orange. :-) and some tea, sweetened with Splenda.
  • Nic682012
    Nic682012 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    THESE SOUND AWESOME BUT ANY IDEA ON THE CALORIE CONTENT PLEASE?
  • x3na1401
    x3na1401 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Today was brown rice mixed with almond milk, banana, honey and cinnamon. Like oatmeal but better :)
    Followed with a hard boiled egg for morning snack.

This sounds wikkid
  • x3na1401
    Options

I guess it depends how you make 'em which also depends on where you live. Some products mentioned are not available in the UK
  • cmkme
    cmkme Posts: 11
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is poached eggs over arugula. Arugula is a peppery flavored green so it goes great with eggs.
  • petitegreek
    petitegreek Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Usually it's a bowl of high fiber cinnamon oatmeal :)

On some days, I like to switch it up and I have two pieces of wheat toast w/ peanut butter and a fruit.
  • Loulousq
    Loulousq Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    1 pouch of Simple Truth instant organic oatmeal original flavor with 1 packet of splenda in hot water
  • x3na1401
    Options
    Oats in almond milk makes it sweet and yummy. Have just ordered some cinnamon and vanilla extract. Did an online shop which is great coz I can get the nutritional values without looking like a gorm in the shop!
  • dorkette13
    Options
    What I do is I put Trader Joe's flaxseed oatmeal, 1 banana, and 1 tbsp peanut butter and cook that all together for 1:30 in the microwave. It's delicious!

(And for banana-peanut butter lovers out there--if you chop up a banana and 1 tbsp of peanut butter, pop it in the microwave for 30 seconds, then mix it all up, it's great as a topping or just as dessert! Trust me!)
  • akb2006
    akb2006 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    scrambled eggs with shallots, mushrooms, cheese, and ketchup. YUM!
  • mistyember
    mistyember Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I usually have oatmeal made in the crockpot with apples, craisins, cinnamon and vanilla protein powder. Its yummy and keeps me filled up for a long time. I do put in regular brown sugar, because I cant stand the taste of sweeteners of any kind, but I keep it to a minimum.
  • dmaloof2013
    dmaloof2013 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Today was plain oatmeal with fresh blueberries, craisins, and a drizzle of maple syrup, 2 hard boiled eggs, and a cup of coffee.
  • x3na1401
    Options
    What I do is I put Trader Joe's flaxseed oatmeal, 1 banana, and 1 tbsp peanut butter and cook that all together for 1:30 in the microwave. It's delicious!

(And for banana-peanut butter lovers out there--if you chop up a banana and 1 tbsp of peanut butter, pop it in the microwave for 30 seconds, then mix it all up, it's great as a topping or just as dessert! Trust me!)

The pb banana sounds amazing !!
  • x3na1401
    Options
    I usually have oatmeal made in the crockpot with apples, craisins, cinnamon and vanilla protein powder. Its yummy and keeps me filled up for a long time. I do put in regular brown sugar, because I cant stand the taste of sweeteners of any kind, but I keep it to a minimum.

Use almond milk. You won't need sugar
  • liberty338
    liberty338 Posts: 25 Member
    Options

I believe I made Almond Berry Cereal recipe public. Check it out. I think it was 714 cals? :smile:
  • x3na1401
    Options
    Has any one ever made (edible) protein pancakes ?

I tried and failed.
  • Innerbeauty31
    Innerbeauty31 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    8583683338_7f68b489a2.jpg
    581850_10201115729234276_371191046_n by bonnie24blue, on Flickr

Egg White Omelet

1/4-1/2 Cup Egg White (enough to cover the bottom of the pan)
    1 - Roma tomato chopped
    1/4 cup - Cheese
    1/4 cup Cilantro chopped
    1/4 cup Mushrooms (I used portabella - sauted with garlic, and pepper)
    Chives chopped
    Jalapeno Chopped
    Dehydrated minced onions
    Pepper (to taste)
    Salt (to taste)
    2 TBS Fat free sour cream

Directions

Prepare your chopped veggies ahead before cooking your omelet. Have them ready.

Spray pan medium hot with "Pam". Pour on egg whites to cover pan about 1/4 inch thick. While it's cooking, add salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle dehydrated onions on (about 1 tsp). While it's cooking, lift a side of the omelet and allow the top, uncooked portion to hit the pan - keep doing this till nothing is runny on top. (No need to flip.) Cover with a lid and let it cook all the way through (doesn't take long).

Uncover and place your chopped veggies and cheese on the cooked egg whites. (don't let it sit long - you don't want your veggies to cook). Fold in half and slide onto a ready plate.

Top with fat free sour cream and enjoy! It's like sunshine in your mouth

Calories: 220 Carbs: 11 Fat: 10 Protein: 24 Sodium: 433 (this is without adding extra to the eggs) Sugars: 2