Help please - I have a tub of Greek Yogurt. Now what?

Options
spicy618
spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
Hello!

I don't know why I bought a big tub of Chobani Greek yogurt :indifferent: . Now the date shows June 16th and I don't know what to make to use it all up. :laugh: I don't eat it plain :huh: What can I make to use it up in one dish?

Suggestions Please :flowerforyou:

Replies

• mapnerd2005
    mapnerd2005 Posts: 363
    Options
    I use mine (plain, unsweetened) as a fruit dip. The fruit sweetens it.
  • kscarlett24
    kscarlett24 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    It makes a great breakfast. Portion it out into a bowl, I think 1 cup is about 140 calories. Add 2 or 3 packets of splenda or whatever sweetener you like, then add in some fresh fruit (I like berries or melon), then sprinkle on some Kashi Go Lean Crunch or Special K granola for crunch. I eat this for breakfast a lot, and sometimes for lunch if I want something light. It has lots of protein. You can also make sauces and dressings with the yogurt. Go to AllRecipes.Com, you can search recipes by ingredients you have, that will probably give you some ideas.
  • bebbjeb
    bebbjeb Posts: 134
    Options
    I mix some honey into my greek yoghurt and it is delicious!
  • spob
    spob Posts: 206
    Options
    You can take a bit of curry powder and a tiny bit of basil, add a few crushed corriander seeds and a tsp of tumeric. Blend mixture well and marinate chicken thighs or breasts (thighs offer up more flavour in this case) for 8 hours or more. Bake mixture or BBQ, it is beautful off the BBQ!
  • susanleasings
    susanleasings Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Freeze it for a wonderful summer treat!
  • dkimbriel
    dkimbriel Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Chop cucumbers into tiny cubes, add dill, garlic salt, black pepper and any other spice you like. Makes a good dip for vegetables for you and chips for the kids.
  • evanlyn
    evanlyn Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You can take a bit of curry powder and a tiny bit of basil, add a few crushed corriander seeds and a tsp of tumeric. Blend mixture well and marinate chicken thighs or breasts (thighs offer up more flavour in this case) for 8 hours or more. Bake mixture or BBQ, it is beautful off the BBQ!

This is exactly what I was going to suggest. The same marinade works with fish too. You could also mix some yogurt with low fat mayonnaise and shredded veggies to make a coleslaw.
  • jenlhugg
    jenlhugg Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Put it in the blender with some fruit and then freeze it for later. I use mine primarily for smoothies. 1/2 cup yogurt, scoop protein powder, 8 oz OJ, 4 oz water, then shake it all up. Perfect afterwork drink.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    handful of berries, or nuts, or granola if that is your thing...
    add it to a shake
    use it in your cooking instead of cream
  • spicy618
    Options
    Fantastic Ideas You guys!

Keep em coming :) I'm single and have alot of yogurt to eat by June 16th :laugh:

I will definately make the marinade tonight :) I already have some chicken and all the ingredients :wink: :happy:

The dip is also a new one for me. :happy:

Never though of the smoothie either :wink:

You guys are the BEST!
  • wildewonder
    Options
    Chop up fresh fruit, apples, pears, oranges and add yoghurt... yummy:smile:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    have a baked potato for lunch. Put the yogurt right on top and add whatever veggies you like. I like steamed broccoli and a bit of dill.

also, I put a tsp of honey and blueberries or strawberries.......or mmmmmmmmmmm BRB I need some greek yogurt!!!:laugh:
  • minilawyer
    minilawyer Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I had plain greek yogurt and go lean crunch this morning! It was yummy!
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I like handful of strawberries or blackberries in my Greek Yogurt. I only eat the Fage brand.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I had plain greek yogurt and go lean crunch this morning! It was yummy!

mmmmmmm that sounds good! I crunched up a natures own cinnamin (sp) bar one time.........it was so yummy
    (warning, the sugar is high in these bars so only use 1!)
  • borjanap
    borjanap Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    use it as a salad dressing ...
    chop up tomatoes, cucumber, onions, and u can even add lettuce...salt and pepper to taste and yogurt . Tastes really good when the tomato juices are infused with it.
  • spicy618
    Options
    Ohh Boy!

I think I'm going to have to buy another tub :laugh:

Thanks Pals! :flowerforyou:
  • kimberlymejia
    Options
    I love this dip! (Even my husband who protested the entire time I made it loves it! Lol) When I made it, I did leave out the bacon but I am sure it tastes just as good with it on.

Layered Lima Bean Dip

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1867494
  • dontpanic1984
    dontpanic1984 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    throw some chopped up fruit or honey in there and freeze it into little popsicles in a popsicle mold. you'll feel like you're eating ice cream. also, since it's pre-measured, it's easier to control yourself. and it'll last past the expiration date when it's frozen. i'm in houston, so i'm always thinkin about cold treats. i love frozen greek yogurt.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    use it as a salad dressing ...
    chop up tomatoes, cucumber, onions, and u can even add lettuce...salt and pepper to taste and yogurt . Tastes really good when the tomato juices are infused with it.

00020118.gif