Improved fitness - NSV

Just had to share my excitement. Let me start out by saying that I have never enjoyed running and remember being in Kindergarden doing a 1mile run and still not wanting to run. Then in Jr. High and High School we had to do our 1mile runs and I would run-walk it the best I could (and I wasn't so overweight then) and never did better than a 13 min mile. Then when I started working out I would run on the treadmill on occasion but could never run more than 1min at a time.

OK so for my NSV. I ran a 10min mile today! I took two 30 sec breaks to walk and catch my breath but I did it and almost started crying when I finished cause I was so amazed by how far I've come!

Ok just had to share.

Replies

• momwhosbusy
    momwhosbusy Posts: 154 Member
    Great job! I am still in the 12 min mile category but am working up to faster times. What an inspiration you are!
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
    Congratulations to you! You should be very proud of your success!!!
  • poopoomonkey1978
    poopoomonkey1978 Posts: 108 Member
    I also hate running and can only run for about 3 minutes in a row. I'm hoping to up that and hoping to enjoy running maybe doing insanity will help me get there
  • That's great. Running is very challenging! I've got a long way to go to be able to do that. But I'd love to do a marathon or half one. And I use to hate running too:-) congratulation on your accomplishment.
  • s_reynolds777
    s_reynolds777 Posts: 36 Member
    I also hate running and can only run for about 3 minutes in a row. I'm hoping to up that and hoping to enjoy running maybe doing insanity will help me get there

I just finished Insanity this past weekend and prior to that I still couldn't do this. I never thought it would help with my running but I just decided to see how far I could get in 10 min today, striving for 1mi. and when I actually did it I couldn't believe it. I think Insanity helped not only with my fitness and endurance but helped me know that I could push harder and could actually do it!
  • FANTASTIC!!!!

BRAVO!!!!! That's great improvement!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!