Getting Out of Bed

Options
Hi there! I have a problem that I hope the myfitnesspal community can help with. Since January, I promised myself I was going to be healthier. I have the eating part under control, I'm slowing getting to the point where sugar and fried foods are no longer as appealing as they once were. What I'm having trouble with is the exercise part, or getting out of bed. I'm good on days off...really who isn't...about getting my run in. It's the mornings I know I have to go to work. And I know the problem is the initial get out of bed part that is holding me up. Once I'm out of bed I'm fine, I could go miles. But I love sleeping...and the cozy bed in the morning. Does anyone have any ideas of how I can get myself motivated to get out of bed in the morning? If I can figure this out I'll be golden! Thanks!

Replies

• banderson19
    Options
    I have the same problem. I need help being motivated. I feel like if you have someone to go with you that's the best thing for me because you don't want to let someone down, but when it's just me trying to go to the gym its hard. I have a friend who calls me in the mornings because they have to be up at that time and that helps me a little more than just my alarm clock going off. But I would love some motivating tips too.
  • hatfields9
    Options
    That's a great idea, going with someone. I would feel bad if I cancelled on them just because I didn't want to get out of bed. I also like having someone call me! I work second shift in a hospital so I could make the first shift call me in the morning! (Of course as long as they weren't busy!)