I WON !!!! :)

Options
lucy529
lucy529 Posts: 127 Member
I have been struggling with Diabetes for a long time, nothing seemed to help lower them or stabalize them. Last October 2012 i began a life changing program which taught me about nutrition and the importance of exercise.

Well i can now happily say I am NORMAL, i am no longer considered diabetic i have been meds and insulin free since Oct. i had been told that i could never get of them because it had been inherited well i showed them. I have been eating relatively healthy but i have indulged in treats every now and then all in moderation, also my dr has begun to wean me off my high blood pressure meds, soon i will be almost meds free only with metformin to help with pcos but the major things are gone.

I can now say i battled diabetes and I WON !!!

Replies

• fitmelinda7
    fitmelinda7 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    That is an AWESOME achievement! I have famly members struggling with Diabetes....it sure is tough for them. The side effects (of medications) are awful too. It's so encouraging to see it can be done! Good for you!
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    That's better than any after pic in the world. Good for you!! :D
  • XRavenhood
    XRavenhood Posts: 102
    Options
    Woohoo! Good for you! That is an amazing accomplishment =)
  • travelerrr
    Options
    Congratulations! That is wonderful. Way to go!
  • walleyebob977
    walleyebob977 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    That awesome way to go I did it too it feels GREAT!!!
  • iheartwhitetea
    iheartwhitetea Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    That is so amazing! Congratulations, keep it up!
  • sheyennelilly
    sheyennelilly Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    That is SO awesome!! Taking charge of your own health and your own body has really paid off for you!
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Awesome job and great achievement. Keep it up.
  • lucy529
    lucy529 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    thank you all for the congrats am not done yet but this is a great motivator for me i know that if i keep at it in no time i will be off my two remaining meds am already weaning of my high blood pressure meds and only have to see about the RA which might take a little longer but i will get there

now i know what am capable of doing :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!