Setting level of excercise

Options
I have been using the app now for over 200 days and it's been working great! (80 pounds in 8 months) But I'm starting to feel the hunger more now then I did before and I'm wondering if I should increase my level of activity. I'm set to the lowest setting now but I exercise 6 days a week, 4 cardo and 2 lifting. Other then that I don't do a whole lot of activity. Should I be in the light activity range or stay where I am?

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    I would test it .......go to the next setting test it for a month and see how you feel
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Can you give us an idea of your weight, height, target weight and type of exercises you do?
  • sandradavis12914
    Options
    What is type of exercise are you at the lowest level on? Is it a treadmill, exercise bike, etc. What is the setting (level) are you are on? If it is a treadmill or exercise bike, then I suggest you increase the time spent or increase the intensity slightly. I like to be just a little out of my comfort zone, where the exercise is not so easy, but I still can talk while I perform the deed.
  • 30ismyyear
    30ismyyear Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Do you mean you've set your activity level at sedentary? Because if so, you need to put in everything you do that is physical (including walking, cleaning, cooking...) and eat back the calories...
  • laylaness
    laylaness Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Way to go!

I do about 3 days a week of exercise and my activity level is lightly active; I would give that a shot. It's helped me a lot to use the correct (or at least a more accurate) setting.

Also, you might want to update your weight in your settings if you haven't already.
  • rtaidd
    rtaidd Posts: 3
    Options
    Right now I am 5'11 and weigh 227 pounds. I do a mile and a half jog and mix in an additional .8 miles fast walk when I do just cardo. I do one of three activities when I lift, a push, pull and leg day (so two of these a week). Target weight is at least 200 and a final goal of 170. I increase the level of exercise by a little each time I feel like it isn't pushing me enough any more. I guess I'm really asking if doing this and no other type of exercise (i.e. I work in a bank and tend to read at home to unwind) is enough to be listing light activity in my myfitnesspall profile.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    Right now I am 5'11 and weigh 227 pounds. I do a mile and a half jog and mix in an additional .8 miles fast walk when I do just cardo. I do one of three activities when I lift, a push, pull and leg day (so two of these a week). Target weight is at least 200 and a final goal of 170. I increase the level of exercise by a little each time I feel like it isn't pushing me enough any more. I guess I'm really asking if doing this and no other type of exercise (i.e. I work in a bank and tend to read at home to unwind) is enough to be listing light activity in my myfitnesspall profile.

MFP doesn't take into account your exercise - if you said you did no exercise, or said you exercised every day, it gives you the same goal, as it sets your defict on your non-exercise actvity.

It only takes into acount exercise after you have actually done it, and then expects you to eat more to avoid increasing your deficit too much.

So, if you are exercising more, log your exercise calories, and eat them back.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options

MFP doesn't take into account your exercise - if you said you did no exercise, or said you exercised every day, it gives you the same goal, as it sets your defict on your non-exercise actvity.

It only takes into acount exercise after you have actually done it, and then expects you to eat more to avoid increasing your deficit too much.

So, if you are exercising more, log your exercise calories, and eat them back.

^^This. MFP expects you to log your exercise and eat those calories back. The part where it asks about your activity is only a motivator page so you can keep track of your exercise and if you meet your goals.
  • rtaidd
    rtaidd Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks for the responses! I have been intentionally NOT eating the calories that I burn when exercising so I'll stop that and maybe that will help me keep going.