When you get lost in your head while exercising...

Options
Ramberta
Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
Where do you go?

For me, because I like to walk/run to movie soundtracks (such as the Chronicles of Narnia and Lord of the Rings-- yep, nerd alert), I like to imagine that I'm on an epic quest, that I have an urgent message to deliver to someone very important in a castle far far away. Or something.

What's in your head when you zone out while exercising?

Replies

• theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    I usually think about whatever problem I'm having, if I'm having one. If not, I daydream about the house I want to buy and what I'll do with the yard, and how I'll be living when I'm closer to the beach.
  • eggsmilkbread
    eggsmilkbread Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Oh my god I thought I was the only one that did that.

I'M COMMANDER SHEPARD AND I'M SAVING THE GALAXY, DON'T JUDGE ME. :bigsmile:
  • madrose0715
    madrose0715 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    sex
  • The1iceQueen
    Options
    I'm thinking of all the %$#@ I have to get done after I exercise. :)
  • ChelleSimmo7
    ChelleSimmo7 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I usually listen to metal so my mind set gets fierce and i zone out and feel like im getting ready to start an intense battle. I used to box years ago and find myself coming out of it while im mock punching the air lol
  • boomerz12
    boomerz12 Posts: 140
    Options
    I play WoW PvP in my head . That and sex.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I write stories.
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I am loving all these responses!!
  • raychulj
    raychulj Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I think about whatever muscle Im working and sing along in my head if a good song comes on the gym radio.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    I can't answer the question, but the most awesome feeling:)
  • mattagascar
    mattagascar Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    no
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    no
    ehh..NMT
  • Cocoapuff717
    Options
    I listen to music and imagine I am a back up dancer for Beyonce. :laugh:
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    "Keep going. Only 2 miles to go. I need to stop. No I dont, I've done this before. Nah, I hate this. Just do it and get it done. **** this ****. I can do it. No I ****ing can't ..." And on and on for the whole 30ish minutes.
  • Mustaine4Pres
    Options
    I usually listen to metal so my mind set gets fierce and i zone out and feel like im getting ready to start an intense battle. I used to box years ago and find myself coming out of it while im mock punching the air lol

This and sex
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    When I lift, music going, feeling strong....I think about who i would bite/not bite in the gym.
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I imagine myself paratrooping a lot. I don't know why. Also envision myself in a dance club shakin' it. Now that makes a little more sense.... ha ha!
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    sex

Yup :happy: And I make up stories in my head to go with the music I am listening to.
  • terem00
    terem00 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I think about absolutely nothing and I love it!!
    My mind races all day and night, I have a hard time sleeping because of it. The only time I find that I am not thinking is when I am working out, my brain just shuts off and it's such a great feeling.
  • living_loving_laughing2013
    Options
    Sadly I'm thinking/stressing over all the ish I have to get done once I'm finished with my workout.....oh and how to out do my workout from the day before (like jogging a little longer/faster/etc.)