??? Nausea ???

Options
Quick situational question for you all. Every time I eat I get nauseated for about an hour after I eat. No matter what it is. I did have the flu ( no vomit though) about a week ago and just can't seem to feel better. Its making me not want to eat at all. Normal? I do recall this happening in the past even without a bug involved. Its not heart burn or IBS. There are no other symptoms...just nausea. Anyone out there experience something like this?

Replies

• melanie92
    melanie92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    no - I don't think that's normal. I would go see my doctor on Monday.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    I have had this problem the last two months but it lasts all night after I eat.. I am going to the doctor for the 2nd time for it next monday... not sure if its the same thing but its not fun right?
  • spritie
    spritie Posts: 167
    Options
    Hopefully a silly question, but are you pregnant?
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    yes! I have experienced this. See if it is certain foods that trigger it. More than likely it is your gallbladder. Some foods that trigger it are onions, beans sometimes, various others. check out this website. http://www.gallbladderattack.com/gallbladdersymptoms.shtml

beets are good food to help bile flow, dandylion is as well. I don't remember what other foods are good for it, but the website may help you if you think that may be your issue.:flowerforyou:
  • nessamorris
    Options
    Not pregnant, are you? That sounds like my first pregnancy, although about a quarter of the time I had vomiting with the nausea. I hope the nausea goes away soon.
  • melisameade
    Options
    could it be anxiety? you dont want to sabatoge your weight loss. your dedicated. i know i will feel the hunger, and let it pass, im in a break up and moving out, so to me when im hungry the thought of eating makes me nausea(sp?)
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I had something like that ... twice it was pregnancy and the other time it was gastroenteritis.
  • mollybieth
    Options
    This happened to a friend of mine, and it was her gallbladder. She ended up having it removed.
    So I agree-best to make an appt at the doctor's office.
    Good luck-hope everything is ok!
  • rad007
    rad007 Posts: 26
    Options
    For some people this is the norm during weight loss. Fat cells store body toxins and as they are released they cause a nauseous feeling. I get it as well!
  • kdsmith
    kdsmith Posts: 250
    Options
    Yes, that has happened to me before...I had the flu before Christmas and then for almost 2 weeks afterwords, I was nauseous every time I ate. It happened again recently as well although the nausea only lasted another week. I think that perhaps I just wasn't really recovered from the flu. This past time I ended up buying some gravol made with ginger and it helped immensely. For me, I am wondering if the stress of being sick makes me stay sick longer...trying to take care of three children, husband needs to go to work, etc etc. I would follow up with your Doctor just to be safe though.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    For some people this is the norm during weight loss. Fat cells store body toxins and as they are released they cause a nauseous feeling. I get it as well!
    Wow I had no idea!! I definitely feel ill alot after I eat and it's not stuffing myself or anything that way. Simply a small ordinary meal.

Can you tell me more about the 'fat cells, body toxins being released' etc and how that all works or what I could look up to learn more about how the body works regarding that? I would so appreciate it. :flowerforyou:

I'm the type of person that likes to understand the whys of things that happen.:blushing: :laugh:

So glad this topic was brought up and that you responded, I wasn't exactly worried but was noticing it for sure. Ah, the things a person can learn on a message board:drinker: :wink:

Thanks,
    Becca
  • Thinwithin2010
    Thinwithin2010 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hey that used to happen to me and I found out I had diabetis... The nausea was a symptom.. But I would see the Dr. feel better honey!!!
  • Bon180
    Bon180 Posts: 26
    Options
    NOT PREGGERS!!!

I have a Dr. appointment already set up for tomorrow, I will mention it to him during the visit! Seems to be a comment problem. I will have to look up and research some of your suggestions. Thanks for the reply's!
  • LadyLorax
    LadyLorax Posts: 20
    Options
    Changing to an organic, non-processed diet can cause withdrawal symptoms like nausia, swollen tongue, headache, fatigue, etc.... or so I've read.

Good luck - I hope you feel better soon! :)
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    bump to remember to Google on:smokin:
  • Bon180
    Options
    What is bump?
  • Bon180
    Options

I asked a friend who is a nutritionist about this idea. Here is what he had to say.

If they have something wrong with their liver and how the fat gets processed back into the blood as glycogen. But no, not into the stomach since you song need to digest fat that has already been digested and just needs to be processed by the liver to enter the blood. If your liver releases toxins you can feel nauseated. Usually you feel nausea during weight loss due to dehydration and a build up of lactic acid, you are depleted of glycogen and energy and can't get rid of the lactic acid and you get nausea. Sip on lots of water or better an electrolyte drink.

I bet that's my problem. If you check my food log I have not been drinking enough....yesterday I made a point to drink lots and no nausea...I'll keep tracking it though.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    What is bump?
    Simple means to come back to the topic later to read it as it moves it over to the 'my topic' area.:flowerforyou:
  • Bon180
    Options
    how do you bump it? :)~