A Small But Proud Moment

Options
bksteve26
bksteve26 Posts: 216 Member
So there is an old tobaggon slide place near my house. It has 166 giant steps that people now use for exercise. The stairs are not regular stairs, the steps are twice as high as normal steps. So back in March I went with one of my buddies to walk the stairs. I did 5 sets, he did 6 (with about 5 minute breaks in between) and then we had to leave because I almost fainted and was literally scared for my health. Yesterday him and I went back. This time we did 8 sets with about 30 second breaks in between. After 8 I tried to convince him to do 2 more and hit that round 10 number, but he couldn't! We had to leave because of him! Not me! And he was pouring sweat, I mean dripping on every step, and I hadn't even started to break a sweat yet! So maybe I can't lose more weight...maybe its been the hardest thing to get off 1 pound...but I am healthier! I am more in shape! And I am proud!

Replies

• cynditoney
    cynditoney Posts: 90
    Options
    Weight loss, just like life, is made up of small moments. Enjoy the success!! You are doing great!
  • eleanorrachel
    Options
    Congrats! That must feel amazing! :)
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    sooo awesome...keep up the hard work...cherish these moments because they really do "COUNT" more than the number on the scale in the long run...
  • pamw22
    pamw22 Posts: 77
    Options
    Great job girl!!! You are doing great your DOING IT:drinker: !!!!
  • AmberWilkie
    Options
    Good for you keep it up :)
  • niki7g
    niki7g Posts: 41
    Options
    Wow! Good for you ... What a super feeling!
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call that small... that is a HUGE achievement! You have every right to feel proud!! YAY for you!
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    WTG!! What a great accomplishment! :flowerforyou:
  • danazsweet
    danazsweet Posts: 52
    Options
    Wow, what an improvement! You are really making a difference in your body!
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I love that feeling when you can clearly see that you are in better health than you were before. Love it!:love: Keep at it you are doing great!!!
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    That is a moment of TRUE success! You deserve to be so so so so proud!
  • markei1
    markei1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • girlruns
    girlruns Posts: 344
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You have every right to be proud! Keep it up:drinker:
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Well done girly!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!