Starting Ideal Protein diet soon..

Options
But before I do so, I guess I want to test my waters and see what I'm getting into. I'll be honest, it sounds like another fad diet. It isn't necessarily like atkins, this isn't a "high protein, low carb diet", it's an IDEAL amount of protein for your SPECIFIC body. The diet itself is supervised under a doctor. My mom has been on it for about 4 months. She's lost 21 inches, and 30 pounds. Her average loss is 2 pounds of fat per week. ALL by eating. She does light exercise.

Apparantly this diet aims to clean/flush the pancreas to stop producing as much insulin or something. I don't even know the details guys, so don't hold me to specifics. (I haven't attended the first meeting yet), but on this diet, you're in ketosis and you only burn fat. You weigh in weekly, and the scale shows whether you're losing/gaining muscle & fat.

They have their own foods to purchase. (Protein shakes, powders, soups, snacks) and the rest is up to you with lean meat and veggies. My mom has to take 5 bites of lettuce a day, and 2 cups of vegetables to 2 of her meals. The rest is just the meat of her choice/and the other foods provided.

SOUNDS AMAZING RIGHT? So why am I still sensing something a little fishy? It is a 1400 calorie diet, but this just sounds too good to be true. I could lose 20 pounds in 8 weeks... what do you guys think?

Replies

• LeAnn_Mae
    LeAnn_Mae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I don't know much about it but my sister did Ideal Protein and lost around 40 pounds.