Advice Anyone?!

Options
I've done horrible this past week. I only exercised twice & I've been staying under my calories, but still not eating very healthy. I've gone swimming the past 3 days, but I'm not sure if I can consider that as exercising. I really want to start this week fresh, but I'm not sure how to pick myself back up. Does anybody have any helpful words for me so hopefully I won't fall back into my old habits? =(

Replies

• xKishax
    xKishax Posts: 33
    Options
    I've done horrible this past week. I only exercised twice & I've been staying under my calories, but still not eating very healthy. I've gone swimming the past 3 days, but I'm not sure if I can consider that as exercising. I really want to start this week fresh, but I'm not sure how to pick myself back up. Does anybody have any helpful words for me so hopefully I won't fall back into my old habits? =(
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Find a small goal for yourself for the week, such as getting all 8 glasses of water. Or exercising 30 minutes each day. Meet the small goals first, then the bigger ones fall into place.

YOU CAN DO IT!! BELIEVE IN YOURSELF FIRST.

:flowerforyou:
  • destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    "If you can imagin it you can dream it if you can dream it you can become it." Never stop dreaming
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Look at how great you have done thus far!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!

You can do it! I like the idea about setting a small goal.

My husband reminds me often..."How do you eat an elephant? One bite at at time."

Same with changing our health habits...one bite at a time!
  • georgiaj
    georgiaj Posts: 59
    Options
    swimming is actually a great total body workout that's fun too...
  • Sing1outloud
    Sing1outloud Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    listen i hear you ! being young and having maybe a changign schedule makes me realize that first I have to do for me then I can help others....

always do what ever you can ... A little goes a long way so your swimming is great .... just every day maybe work a little harder .... and planning ahead i find sometimes helps....like if i know that I am going to snack around this time then i will bring fruit and no extra cash... either way ....
    think about all the positive!
    and you know what if you really need a lift you have come to the right place that is why they call it mfp! :wink:
  • xKishax
    xKishax Posts: 33
    Options
    Thanks a bunch. I tend to do even worst on the weekends, but it's very true that every decision I make is my own. Not only do I record everything I eat on here, I also write it down. So I went ahead & made a page for Monday (tomorrow) & I wrote two goals for the day; 1. Burn atleast 250+ calories & 2. Drink atleast one bottle of water. Thanks once again for all of the support!!
  • overthehillsandfaraway
    Options

for a majority of my highschool years, I refused to exercise or watch what I put in my body. When I did show a slight amount of interest in my health, all my activities were done at a mediocre pace and not enough dedication was put into anything from my behalf.

then, I went for a physical one day and the look in my doctors face after weighing me and informing me of my 300lb + structure, something snapped inside me. it became imperative for me at that point to not mess around anymore and focus on a healthier me.

it took alot, I started slowwwww. I made sure any soda was blasphemy and I haven't had a drop in five years and made other small yet substantial promises to myself and my body. I hated running. Now, it clears my mind and allows me to escape my arduous thoughts instead of pushing them to the side when I did recreational drugs. I hated lifting anything and now I can bench a respectable amount.

to make this long story short, accept the fact that we are humans and the inevitable is within our flaws. that being said, it also takes a commitment and dedication. I recently had a lot on my shoulders personally so I gained 15lbs from stress and being dormant for these past couple of months. I had lost my internal flame to pursuit my happiness healthwise until recently with my friend recommending this wonderful site.

but in a nutshell, YOU CAN and WILL DO IT. I have great faith in you. Realize that half the things the grocery sells is something we never needed and something our forefathers survived without for many many years. High fructose corn syrup is the enemy! Good luck and God Speed!
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    Keep up with the swimming! That is GREAT excersise..fully body and everything!

One thing that might help you is to not keep anything tempting in the house. That way, if you do start craving, you would have to go and get it, and you would have all of that time to talk yourself out of it. Hope this helps!
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options

for a majority of my highschool years, I refused to exercise or watch what I put in my body. When I did show a slight amount of interest in my health, all my activities were done at a mediocre pace and not enough dedication was put into anything from my behalf.

then, I went for a physical one day and the look in my doctors face after weighing me and informing me of my 300lb + structure, something snapped inside me. it became imperative for me at that point to not mess around anymore and focus on a healthier me.

it took alot, I started slowwwww. I made sure any soda was blasphemy and I haven't had a drop in five years and made other small yet substantial promises to myself and my body. I hated running. Now, it clears my mind and allows me to escape my arduous thoughts instead of pushing them to the side when I did recreational drugs. I hated lifting anything and now I can bench a respectable amount.

to make this long story short, accept the fact that we are humans and the inevitable is within our flaws. that being said, it also takes a commitment and dedication. I recently had a lot on my shoulders personally so I gained 15lbs from stress and being dormant for these past couple of months. I had lost my internal flame to pursuit my happiness healthwise until recently with my friend recommending this wonderful site.

but in a nutshell, YOU CAN and WILL DO IT. I have great faith in you. Realize that half the things the grocery sells is something we never needed and something our forefathers survived without for many many years. High fructose corn syrup is the enemy! Good luck and God Speed!

Great advice, and by the way, you really have a way with words! :flowerforyou:
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    Keep up with the swimming! That is GREAT excersise..fully body and everything!

One thing that might help you is to not keep anything tempting in the house. That way, if you do start craving, you would have to go and get it, and you would have all of that time to talk yourself out of it. Hope this helps!

Yes that is good advice.. It's the only thing that helps here. I can not have chocolate in the house because just knowing it is there makes it too tempting! And it's hard too when you have kids because my kids don't need to lose weight..so there is always stuff around for them that I have to stay away from.. willpower!
  • overthehillsandfaraway
    Options

Great advice, and by the way, you really have a way with words! :flowerforyou:

Thank you. :blushing:

Anything to let people know I can empathize in one form or another.