Recommend a good Turkey bacon

Options
Notice I say turkey bacon. I'm not much of a bacon eater, but the turkey bacon I actually like. HOWEVER, there's added sugar or fake sugar. Is there one out there that's fairly good for me, but doesn't have weird sugars? Also, i like it uncured because I'd rather not have the nitrates and nitrites added either.

Am I dreaming?

Replies

• RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    turkey does NOT make bacon! I know, helpful, huh.
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's
  • girlykate143
    girlykate143 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    bump.
    any other reco's? pretty please with bacon on top?
  • joslin2005
    joslin2005 Posts: 138
    Options
    I like the butterball brand. I'm not a big bacon fan but I really like turkey bacon. I'm don't know if it has nitrates, sugars, and all the other crap in it though.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Turkey bacon isn't bacon, which means it's "manufactured" to make it sound as a better choice over real bacon. But I don't think makers of them really matter. Like most foods, they are probably made by a third party then a label added to the packaging.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    As for me and my house, when I want bacon... I eat... BACON.. The kind that comes from a hog. Healthy or not, that is what we do. I do it in moderation.. (Had a BLT the other night... and it was good)... Again, moderation. All things in moderation... Sorry, I am no help to the discussion at hand due to just not knowing about turkey bacon.