Time to stop 'planning to...' It's P90x time

Options
robinp00
robinp00 Posts: 36 Member
I've always been a skinny guy, which makes sense since my dad was skinny when he was my age. Recently though, I've noticed my gut hanging out quite a bit more than it's supposed to. I saw my girlfriend for the first time in 6 months last week and she asked me how many weeks pregnant I am... My dad has quite the gut at his age now, so it's time to stop procrastinating and finall pick up the p90x DVDs I have buried on my desk.

Today is day 1. Photos to come.

Wish me luck! Add me as a friend if you're embarking on this journey too - we can work off each other!

Robin

Replies

• metfanlisa
    metfanlisa Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Best of luck on the P90x Journey!! My boyfriend lost 20lbs on it and is doing his second round although I think he looks great; he's wanting to shed a couple more lbs and build a bit more muslce.

I did the cardio routine for a month and then I started running again and couldn't fit both in. I found the dvd's to go by quickly, the way they're set up; you're working on a new muscle group before you can get too discouraged w/your tired muscles. Work to exhaustion and keep it up!! One is always better than none!
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    P90X Rocks! The most amazing program out there. Enjoy your day 1!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    P90X is awesome....and you will get awesome results with the abs routine....so you will lose that gut in no time

Goodluck
  • chalito23
    chalito23 Posts: 3
    Options
    I hear you brother!! I just Started p90x last night (chest & Back) Killer work out!! Today will be the mother of all workouts. Plyometrics, (i think that's how is spelled. ) You and me brother, we need to finish this!! Good luck

61130.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • IbettR
    IbettR Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I bought P90X and haven't had the guts to start yet :cry: scared...LOL Best of luck to you!!! :flowerforyou:
  • lovebrittnie
    Options
    yep i did the arms and shoulder dvd sunday, and i'm in pain to today. have fun though! i enjoy it! i'm not on it yet because i am quite interested on playing outside right now. But I wish you the best on your 90 days!
  • sslopez24
    sslopez24 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You can do this.....WE can do this!!:smile: I just started the P90x last night. It was hard! I did the best I could and I will not give up. I've heard from others that at first your not that great at it but you get better/stronger with time. I forgot to take my starting pix. yesterday so I will take it tonight to compare with my end results. Keep pushing!!:bigsmile:
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    You can do this.....WE can do this!!:smile: I just started the P90x last night. It was hard! I did the best I could and I will not give up. I've heard from others that at first your not that great at it but you get better/stronger with time. I forgot to take my starting pix. yesterday so I will take it tonight to compare with my end results. Keep pushing!!:bigsmile:

Don't forget your measurements too! Pics in skimpy clothes. I hate my pics because they show so much but when I compared my end of phase 2 with my beginning I can really see the results
  • sslopez24
    sslopez24 Posts: 110 Member
    Options

Don't forget your measurements too! Pics in skimpy clothes. I hate my pics because they show so much but when I compared my end of phase 2 with my beginning I can really see the results

oh ya, thanks for the reminder!
  • robinp00
    Options
    I bought P90X and haven't had the guts to start yet :cry: scared...LOL Best of luck to you!!! :flowerforyou:

Start today! It's really simple to follow the workout, but the diet is a bit harder to get accustomed to. I've been following the diet for a few days now to get accustomed to it first, but it will come naturally after just a short while.
  • robinp00
    Options

I could barely make it through the workout the first day, but I was told by some friends that the best thing to do is keep the DVD playing no matter what. If you turn it off, it's easy to quit. If you keep it on, you'll feel guilty and join back in :)