Help!

Options
I love salty foods: chips, fries, etc. What are some snacks/meals I can eat that are low in sodium but don't taste dull or lacking in flavor? Also any favorite healthy snacks that you enjoy and are low in calories? Any fairly easy workouts that burn a lot? Share anything that would be helpful please! :laugh:

Also, if anyone wants to be weight loss buddies:

5'5"
SW: 206
CW: 189
GW: 120-140

Replies

• Spook_Nuke_Em
    Spook_Nuke_Em Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Ummm.. Pop chips, pretzel chips... Bake turkey pepperonis until they're like chips... Trail mix. Find a punching bag on craigslist and do 3 minute rounds with 1 minute crunches in-between.. Hope this helps :)
  • eloralove
    eloralove Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    yes! thanks :)
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    just discovered these veggie-stick looking chips at whole foods called Hi-Im Skinny Sticks in sweet potato flavor. OMG DELICIOUS! http://www.hiimskinny.com/why-im-skinny/
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I've got to say that I have lower blood pressure than average so I don't worry too much about sodium.

I do however enjoy using salt substitute. It's kind of bitter but it tastes almost exactly the same to me as regular salt.

I think baked sweet potato fries are delicious, any chicken dish slathered in hot sauce is a favorite. I love to kick up the spice with some red pepper flakes.

"Also any favorite healthy snacks that you enjoy and are low in calories?"

I love to make tuna sandwiches with light chunk tuna in water on whole grain bread and a slice of fat free cheese, or egg beaters in "florentine" flavor with peppers and mushrooms tossed in it. I use low sugar ketchup on the side, and sometimes have some spring salad on the side. Also, the best desert: mashed sweet potatoes mixed with truvia and pumpkin pie spice, topped with a couple tablespoons of light cool whip. I don't know if my foods are the healthiest choices but I do go for low fat, whole grain, higher protein choices.

"Any fairly easy workouts that burn a lot?"

I'm sorry, I've yet to find a workout that burns a lot that is easy. If a workout is easy than it means my body had adapted to it, so I'll barely burn a thing and definitely won't reshape my body. Protip: You have to challenge your body in new ways every couple of months to keep progressing. HIIT does that more than steady state cardio.
  • eloralove
    Options
    thanks! i'll definitely try that out :)
  • eloralove
    Options
    I've got to say that I have lower blood pressure than average so I don't worry too much about sodium.

I do however enjoy using salt substitute. It's kind of bitter but it tastes almost exactly the same to me as regular salt.

I think baked sweet potato fries are delicious, any chicken dish slathered in hot sauce is a favorite. I love to kick up the spice with some red pepper flakes.

"Also any favorite healthy snacks that you enjoy and are low in calories?"

I love to make tuna sandwiches with light chunk tuna in water on whole grain bread and a slice of fat free cheese, or egg beaters in "florentine" flavor with peppers and mushrooms tossed in it. I use low sugar ketchup on the side, and sometimes have some spring salad on the side. Also, the best desert: mashed sweet potatoes mixed with truvia and pumpkin pie spice, topped with a couple tablespoons of light cool whip. I don't know if my foods are the healthiest choices but I do go for low fat, whole grain, higher protein choices.

"Any fairly easy workouts that burn a lot?"

I'm sorry, I've yet to find a workout that burns a lot that is easy. If a workout is easy than it means my body had adapted to it, so I'll barely burn a thing and definitely won't reshape my body. Protip: You have to challenge your body in new ways every couple of months to keep progressing. HIIT does that more than steady state cardio.

thank you! keep up the amazing work :) and i'll try that mashed sweet potato recipe. sounds delish!