Eating Bad Food But Under Calorie Goal

Options
13»

Replies

• lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    You're body sees macro & micro nutrients not food names.

if you are in cal deficit you will lose weight.

Having said that, you should be basing the majority of your foods around whole unprocessed types. A few "dirty" foods here and there is fine if it fits you're macros.

Low GI & High GI makes no difference to weight loss being that you eat mixed meals anyway.
    GI is Glycemic Index and it can make a major difference for someone that is flirting with diabetes... Keeping the glycemic index low will prevent spikes in blood sugar and the high/low effect on your body making it easier to exercise, better able to stay focused and more capable of making good decisions. If diabetes or pre-diabetes isn't an issue then it may not matter. Diabetes is however a silent killer with half those that have recently become diabetic being unaware of the fact until it becomes a major health concern. A bit of prevention is better than having to try to cure it or medicate for the rest of your life. You are correct about macros to a point but your body works harder to process a rare steak than it does a well done burger... the protein has been denatured and is more easily digested, the reason we cook food is to facilitate absorption. Some junk food won't kill you out right but it isn't as good a fuel for your body. If you crave it, do it in small doses to quiet the craving... better yet though is to replace the craving with a healthy alternative.
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I love vegetables AND chips. It works out.
  • ellygolightly
    Options
    Ok so I have changed my diet quite alot and have been eating much more healthily, BUT I still sometimes eat junk as long as it is within my calorie intake.

I have noticed that when the junk is completely cut out I tend to loose much more weight, even if I am eating lots of food but it is healthy.

Does anyone here eat junk and still loose weight by making sure it is within their calorie intake?

My nutritionist still eats KFC (he isn't even slightly overweight) on the odd occasion when he feels like it, but makes sure he's still within his calorie intake. It's too boring not to indulge once in a while!
  • katieisthename
    Options
    I do this and it works fine