Former fatty runs 5k in 40 minutes :D

Options
2»

Replies

• Oakley82
    Oakley82 Posts: 53
    Options
    Amazing!! I just did my first 5k this last weekend and it was too much fun. Way to go!!!
  • EweCreekCottage
    EweCreekCottage Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    U my Friend are my Inspiration :flowerforyou:
  • nannybubbles
    Options
    many congrats..... my new daughter in law has signed me up to do the 5k color run while i am staying with them and i can't wait... i intend to have my t -shirt / shorts and trainers framed because this time last year i couldn't even walk 150 metres !
  • doggiesnot
    doggiesnot Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Isn't it great not having all that extra weight to push around?
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the lovely comment, I am just so happy about this and feel like yeah _ I sure will improve on that :)
    many congrats..... my new daughter in law has signed me up to do the 5k color run while i am staying with them and i can't wait... i intend to have my t -shirt / shorts and trainers framed because this time last year i couldn't even walk 150 metres !

The colour run looks amazing - we don't have anything like that in the UK - and that is fantastic progress for you - I was just reflecting how I used to walk the dog and have to sit half way round what I thought was a "big" walk - which is now the short walk so yes I know what you mean by not being able to walk far :)

and yup doggiesnot it feels like I have shoved off a freeloader I was dragging about with me haha
  • VeeBethTris
    VeeBethTris Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    So very exciting!! I am happy for you. What an achievement :) I was supposed to run my first 5k last weekend but I did something to my neck in the gym doing crazy classes LOL but I had fun doing them but will be running one ASAP. Keep up the great work....
  • jdousay09
    jdousay09 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thats fantastic! You definitely motivated me. Headed out with the kids for a walk!!! Keep up the great work!!!
  • lilibean01
    lilibean01 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! That's awesome! Pick out a fun race & have a great time! Race days are so much fun! :)
  • bitxbit
    bitxbit Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Outstanding!! So proud for you:flowerforyou:
  • Carfoodel
    Options
    So very exciting!! I am happy for you. What an achievement :) I was supposed to run my first 5k last weekend but I did something to my neck in the gym doing crazy classes LOL but I had fun doing them but will be running one ASAP. Keep up the great work....

how frustrating for you - but at least you will be more than ready for the next one :)

Thanks again for the kind remarks :)
  • Fitburd
    Fitburd Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome, especially as I know you've had so many issues with ur knees. It's all starting to come together nicely :) I'm so happy for you! x
  • Carfoodel
    Options
    Thats awesome, especially as I know you've had so many issues with ur knees. It's all starting to come together nicely :) I'm so happy for you! x

yes my knees are actually behaving themselves - I think it must be the extra weight loss that's helping and maybe my current workout routine that's getting me more flexible - dunno lol - but shows what sticking at it can do eh? - :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!