Intermittent fasting and working out

Options
I love the 5:2 fasting and it really helps with the weight loss, but can anyone tell me if I should be working out on a fast day and , if I do, should I then eat back those calories ??? Thanks all xx

Replies

• rosemarygough
    Options
    I have been doing 5:2 for 2 weeks now. Did my first fast day workout, first thing in the morning.I was hungrier than normal during the day, but still stuck to my 500cal. If you add back the calories, your loss will be slower.
    38668774.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • funkylemur
    funkylemur Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Yeah I have been sticking to 500 kcals, and if I workout Im not eating them back , so I guess Im doing it right then ! Thanks :)
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    I DO!, there is a group on here.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I eat back the workout calories, so I am probably not getting all the benefits of IF such as reduced triglycerides and better insulin response.
  • SuMcP
    SuMcP Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'm on the 5:2 and I do work out on fast days, it keeps hunger pangs at bay. I am not currently eating back burn calories, but my overall weekly target is 7 x TDEE -15%, so my burn calories are already in the equation. If you are using MFP figures, you should eat back your calories, but not on your fasting days; spread them out over the rest of the week.