Being an inspiration to others....Man! this feels good!

Options
So last week I had the girls in customer service asking me how much weight I'd lost and telling me how jealous they were of my progress. They kept saying how they needed to come to me and do what I was doing because they want to look like me!! One of them even went to Academy at lunch and called me as she was walking through the fitness equip to ask my advice on each piece there! She decided on a step bench w/ a video and a balance ball, picking up some 5# dumb bells on the way out the door! Then my girlfriend called me this weekend bummed because she had gone to get the step bench and video I had been raving about, but the girl I work with had gotten the last one! lol And then today I was told that because of me, another friend at work was "stepping up" her walk at night to a jog and hoped by the end of the month to be able to jog the entire 5 miles. She went on to tell me how proud she is of me and that she is jealous and striving to be more healthy.....like ME!

I'm by no means where I want to be, but I work hard and eat right and I will get there one day! In the meantime, I feel fantastic knowing that I am helping to inspire others to take control of their lives and get healthy with me! :happy:

Replies

• CoachNatalie
    Options
    that's a good sort of fever you're spreading, there!
    peace :)
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome :) Way to be an inspiration!!! That's so motivating!
  • SimonLondon
    SimonLondon Posts: 350
    Options
    Everything in your life just gets so good so you feel so good...and that kind of happiness and contentment is very noticeable and contagious :)
  • withtree
    withtree Posts: 14
    Options
    Wow, you really have lost a lot of weight! You are an inspiration to me too :-)
  • foxywife75
    foxywife75 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You rock Mommamills :bigsmile:
    It is a great feeling when people are noticing your lifestyle changes & how the new you makes them feel motivated to make their own changes.
    Many friends & family members around my husband & I have wondered what we are doing too. They are shocked when they hear it's something as simple as watching what you eat & exercise. It's about making the right choices & staying in control when you want to treat yourself.
    It's an even better feeling when your own kids notice the changes you are making.
    Keep up the awesome work!!
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    It's great when someone gives you a compliment, but I think the highest compliment is when people want to do what you're doing because of your success! Congrats on being such an inspiration to others!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!