Fruit and Veg 3 day diet

Options
Hiya,

I am thinking of trying a 3 day fruit and veg diet, to detox/cleanse etc. With a small amout of protein in the evening. Has anyone tried this. If so what do you think of it?

Replies

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    The body doesn't need detoxing or cleansing. That said, I can't imagine doing this would be harmful. As long as it's short term and you are eating your calorie goal with the nutrients (the protein is an awesome addition), you should be fine. This sounds reasonable. Just make sure you are gathering other healthy foods to incorporate once you are done.
  • Jacqsie
    Jacqsie Posts: 51
    Options
    This is my daily lifestyle :P you can get plenty of protein from plant based meals aslong as you eat enough of them. If you feel like you are getting too hungry to quickly add in some nuts like almonds or pumpkin seeds too :) good luck :)
  • Marie047
    Marie047 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Quirky,

Just thinking of doing it as a one off, even though I am eating healthy and on a low cal diet I feel really bloated at the min, was hoping (rightly or wrongly) it would help get rid of this and with protein as well I dont think this could harm.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I don't think it will be harmful. I do think it's unnecessary since your body doesn't need to be cleansed (except maybe in the shower). But I do think the protein is a good addition and don't be afraid to add more calories if you're feeling fatigued or light-headed.
  • skinnydreams19
    skinnydreams19 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Just don't let your calories go under 1200!
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    fruit, veg, protein and complex carbs is what you should be doing anyway? :huh:
  • RM10003
    RM10003 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    If you're eating a lot more fiber than you normally do, make sure you're getting plenty of water in as well. Otherwise you can get, shall we say, rather painfully backed up.
  • Unodragone
    Options
    If you can, grab a hold of the movie, Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. Joe the guy the movie is about did a juicing cleansing for 10 days, lost a ton of weight and has kept with it boosting its health benefits. I myself have replaced one of my meals with juicing and feel the difference it has made as well as limiting the types of meat I consume and how often. I admire you for wanting to do a three day challenge of just fruits and veggies :bigsmile: if you can do more veggies than fruits since veggies have less sugar and are healthier I think that would help. I would also recommend switching it up and juicing/fruit & veggie smoothies as well as just meals. There are an array of websites that have a smorgasbord of vegetarian recipes that you can snag. But I seriously would recommend that movie as a good point of reference and if you are not able to grab it he has a website you can check out the blog section for recipes here: http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/category/blog/

good luck :drinker:
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I don't think it will be harmful. I do think it's unnecessary since your body doesn't need to be cleansed (except maybe in the shower). But I do think the protein is a good addition and don't be afraid to add more calories if you're feeling fatigued or light-headed.

This, completely this.
  • Marie047
    Marie047 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Thank you eveyone. I am definately going to try it, I`m going to give it ago starting Monday, I will juice fruit and veg as well.
  • sharonf1983
    sharonf1983 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    jason vale's juice master diet. gives you loads of recepies. Each day takes you over 1600cals. lots of my friends have done it and lost 7lb+ in the 7 days.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary it seems like you're eating very little other than fruit anyhow, and taking the dreaded raspberry ketones.

If you currently track everything, you'd do far better eating a balanced diet and aiming for the calories MFP gives you to lose 1lb a week, certainly not hugely under 1,200 which you're on at the moment.

No-one needs a cleanse, especially on a healthy balanced diet, your liver, kidneys and skin do an excellent job of cleansing every day.