On the shorter side with a lot to lose...

Options
Hey there, I'm Lisa and I'm in constant search of friends with similar stats.
I'm 5'2" and 230lbs right now.
It seems that I can't find someone this short and this heavy; it's always one or the other.

However, if you do not have similar stats but know a good deal about weight lifting, please add me immediately.
I so desperately need your help.

You know, even if you don't fit either of the above, add me anyway, if you like.
The more the merrier, no?
:D

Replies

• kmtwedell
    kmtwedell Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I'm short and heavy too; like 4'11 and 195. I don't know much about weights but my brother does who lifts like 4-5 days a week. I will send you a request right now.
  • JuiceBars
    JuiceBars Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am scanning through this site for the first time. I am short also and enjoy lifting. I am not sure what it is that you would like to learn but go ahead and ask and I will see if I can be of some help. I am working on dropping another 15 pounds myself. We are all in this together, right?
  • straight_scallop
    Options
    woohoo! I just accepted you.
    don't worry about the weights; friendship's more than enough for me! :D

edit: whoops, sorry. this was for kmt.

NOW, i'm adding you juicebars :)
  • JuiceBars
    JuiceBars Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Perfect! Don't be discouraged. Set a small goal for yourself for tomorrow.....like drink 8, 8oz glasses of water and feel good about the accomplishment at the end of the day!
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11 and started out weighing 223 lbs. I've been on MFP for a little over 2 years and I currently weigh between 109-113 (I'm in maintenance). Don't feel discouraged. There are a lot of great people on here that will help you with any questions you have :)
  • straight_scallop
    Options
    this is awesome, thanks!
    i'm adding you all, if you don't mind.

@juicebars: you're going to regret offering help; i'm definitely the type of person to take it. you'll be sick of me!
    @amy: what you have achieved is amazing and you might just be my new idol!
  • trae8723
    trae8723 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I fit that descriptions (minus the weight lifting)... although I have done it before. I am currently on a similar weight loss journey as well. I may not have much insight to weight lifting in terms of expertise, but maybe we could keep each other encouraged along the way. Feel free to add me as well!

Happy lossing :)
  • gwenny0407
    gwenny0407 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I'm 5'2, and I started years ago at 220. I'm currently 152.4 and I'm trying to get to my ideal weight! :) Us shorty's have it the hardest! We can only eat so much. It stinks lol. I LOVE to eat. :)

Good luck with your journey!!! My motto is, if I can't make it a lose day, then I will try my best to make sure it's not a gain day. Take it day by day.

Gwen
  • akp4Him
    akp4Him Posts: 227
    Options
    5'2" started out at 215...now weigh between 124 and 127. Do a little weight training...but not much. You can do it!!
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    5'2" here also. I started at 169, but I've been weight training 3 times a week for about 2 months now with a trainer. I've learned a lot! Friend me if you'd like :)
  • littlebre33
    littlebre33 Posts: 318
    Options
    I'm short too!! I am 4'11 and 5 months ago, the day before my son was born I was 187lbs. Now 5 months later I am at about 154 (weigh in is in a week) and hoping to get to 125 by the summer! I love being short but man does weight ever show on us!!!

Good Luck!!
  • lexus2134
    lexus2134 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2.
    Started at 270.
    Now at 240
    Very similar :)
    Anyone feel free to add me if you like!
  • nettasue35
    nettasue35 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 also started at 240
    now i'm 225

do not know anything about weights.
  • MightyMe01
    MightyMe01 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    HI! I'm right there with you. Also 5'2" and 221lbs. It's only been recently that I've decided to do something about how I look and eat. I was at my cousin's wedding over the weekend and there were so many women there my age wearing pretty dresses and I just felt so jealous. Been bothering me ever since. If It's not too chilly this morning I plan on going for a half hour walk and then maybe doing some strength training On Demand (comcast).

As far as weight lifting goes, I can't help you there much. I typically use my 5lb weights if I feel like it. My goal is to get more cardio into my life. I'm on my butt for most of the day. We shall see how that goes! Please add me if you want a buddy. I'm new to MFP!
  • Andaisy1
    Andaisy1 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    4'11 and at my heaviest I was 190. Started here at 166 . I log daily and do some strength training. Anyone's free to add me. :flowerforyou:
  • kimbeyab
    kimbeyab Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5ft 2" and start weight was 208, currently at 188. Anyone feel free to add me as a friend, I feel like I'm talking to myself on my message board. I am doing the Cambridge weight plan, I find its the only way for me to lose weight.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and started at 290 pounds plus being age 57 when I started. I cant help with weights etc, cause my exercise is limited due to double knee replacements. So my exercise largely consists of water aerobics and lap swimming and walking when the weather is good.

I've lost 127 pounds in about 16 1/2 months, so yes it can be done!
  • JennNH12
    JennNH12 Posts: 56
    Options
    So awesome to see all these short peeps! I am 5'2" and started off at 226 back in 2009. I became an out of control yo yo since then. Now, I am 180lbs or so and on my way down. I had been down to 160, but gained again after my Dad passed. My goal is around 145. I have a ton of muscle, so anything less than 143 would make me look sick and to skinny. I lift every day, multiple times a day. But I do not have much advice about it, I have questions about it as well :) Add me if you would like. Have a great day.
  • Emzilykw
    Emzilykw Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just posted something similar :). I'm 5ft and 147ish, I'm wanting to lose about 47lbs...I don't know where to start :s. Add me if you like :)

xx
  • rafiki2013
    rafiki2013 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, as mentioned in Emzilykw request, vertically challenged!