Replies

• leadvocalchick
    leadvocalchick Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Yes Infinity!! :bigsmile:
  • Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Samantharose8akaDebbie Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Target sells a nice little, very accurate scale, for $5.00. I love mine and would be lost without it! I also have a fondness for my Tablespoon measurement.
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I think my food scale is one of my important weight loss tools. I weigh a lot of my foods including ones that most people measure. I find weighing to be more accurate. I bought mine years ago through Weight Watchers. It has ounces and grams and a zero out feature. If I am having ice cream I put the bowl on the scale and select grams and then zero out the scale so it does not count my bowl then I weigh my ice cream. I do the same for dinner and put a plate on the scale and zero it out and after I weigh each food on the plate I zero it out so I don't need to mess with measuring cups or measuring spoons. I could never trust myself to guess because I would cheat.:happy:
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    YES!!!! this has absolutely been one of the best purchases I have ever ever ever made. I bought a digital one since though manual ones suck and I only paid 20ish $ from walmart for it.

You would be suprised at how little (or in some cases A LOT) something can weigh.

It is definitely good for keeping portions in check.
  • cheri03
    cheri03 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Get one! You don't need to spend a lot but get one that does metric and standard weights.
    I still use mine daily and I have been at goal for a while.
  • MrsE2010
    MrsE2010 Posts: 63
    Options
    Great advice everyone. Thanks.
  • sunnysmile
    sunnysmile Posts: 1,192
    Options
    Food scale, YES, best investment you'll ever make. Takes the guess work out of the equation and let's you ultimately eat without guilt and sometimes more food because it's as easy to over-estimate what you are eating and under-estimate.

I agree with earlier posts when you need an electronic scale that can zero out, measure both ounces and grams, let's you rezero when desired to let you not include the plate you are using as part of the weight. It's the best thing I've used and I've had it for years and maybe paid $30 years ago from weight watchers but they sell them everywhere.
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I also have a Weight Watcher's scale that measures in grams and ounces and zeroes out. It's absolutely wonderful.

I definitely weigh meat after it's been cooked so I know exactly how much is there. Then, if there's a bone, I measure the bone after I'm finished eating so I get a true measurement of what I've eaten ... I do the same for chicken or any other meat where I have scraps remaining.

I do not have a digital scale. I do test my scale to be sure it stays calibrated correctly.