New member! Excited to join this journey with others!

Options
Hi everyone! I am new to my fitness pal. My weight has always been something that I have struggled with and I hope that joining this program and the MFP community will help me to lose weight and stay motivated. I am determined to lose 30 lbs! I just started yesterday and the journey seems long but I have heard great things about this website and I am so excited to get started. Does anyone know of a good website for healthy recipes? Look forward to hearing from you! : )

Replies

• coke_bottle
    coke_bottle Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Hi, one of my pals on here sent me to skinnytaste.com. check it out and blessings to ya!
  • alyssamike2013
    Options
    Thanks so much for the help!
  • suemichele
    suemichele Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I have actually found some good receipes on pinterest.
  • gidge680
    gidge680 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I second the suggestions above and would add sparkpeople.com. Good luck on your journey!
  • alyssamike2013
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I will try them all. Looking forward to shedding pounds and new friends!
  • smilingdaisies
    smilingdaisies Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi there and welcome...I LOVE Cooking Light magazine. Everything in there is delicious and very easy to fix.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Hungry Girl has a lot of good ideas.
  • DeOnnaBrees
    Options
    Welcome :) I just started myself a few days ago and am looking to lose about 20 lbs! We can all do this and cheer each other on!!
  • JenHall3310
    JenHall3310 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Pinterest has been an invaluable resource for me! Between the healthy recipes, fitness blogs and inspiration pins I've been steadily losing weight! I love it and pin daily!
  • amycdsteinberg
    amycdsteinberg Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    you can add me if you would like!
  • Dfracassa
    Dfracassa Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I think we're in the same boat -- I have always been very aware of my weight, always seen it fluctuate and then plateau, and I also want to lose 30 lbs! You can add me if you want! :smile: