MFP changing your calorie allowance

Options
I read a while back that once you meet 10lbs lost, MFP will change your daily caloric intake allowance. Does it go below 1200 or is that the lowest it goes?

Does anyone know the answer to this? I have lost 10lbs as of today and I didn't get any type of "notice" of change like I expected to, based on reading other posts about a month or so ago.

Thanks.

Replies

• kbelliot
    kbelliot Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am no expert at this as I have only been logging since January, but I was prompted automatically to recalculate my goal after I'd entered my weight loss. If you are entering your weights, the program should prompt you. My calories stayed the same at 1200. I think that is the lowest that the program will suggest that you eat.
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    it recommends that you re-run the goals setup every 10 lbs, but won't do it automatically. Just go to My Home >> Goals >> Change Goals and run through it.

MFP will not tell you to go under 1200 calories unless you manually set it up to do that.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    MFP will not tell you to eat below 1200 calories. That said, you should probably be eating more than 1200 calories a day. It usually (not always) will only tell you to eat 1200 if you entered a goal of losing 2 pounds per week. However, since you only have another 17 lbs to lose, you should change your goal to about half a pound a week.
  • jsrussell2127
    jsrussell2127 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much, everyone! It didn't prompt me like I thought it would, but I used the info you guys gave.

Happy losing!