Wii fit accuracy

Options
So I was thinking about how accurate the Wii Fit is as far as the weight is concerned. I have a scale in the bathroom and it would say one thing and then I would get on the Wii Fit and it would be 10 pounds less. I want the most accurate one so what should I do. Anyone?

Replies

• carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Holy cow, your Wii Fit loves you!! My Wii Fit always seems to put me at slightly higher than the gym scale I use for my weigh-ins, but I also use it at a different time of day than the one at the gym, so who knows...... But, mine is only off by about a pound or so.... nothing like yours!
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    Just a thought....If your wii fit weigh-ins are on carpet?? Make sure you are weighing in on a solid floor. If you are already doing that, then obviously one of them is off.

I need a wii fit! lol... I would love for mine to say 10 pounds lighter ! That's awesome. lol
  • UltimateLover
    UltimateLover Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    If you have it on a hard surface (ie not carpet) it should be roughly the same weight as what your scale elsewhere says. I've been using my wii as my weigh in scale and stuff and it seems to be pretty accurate.
  • kristina29
    Options
    Thanks! Ill have to calibrate the bathroom one or buy a new one. Though I like what the Wii says lol.
  • prairiemom
    prairiemom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Make sure you have the little plastic feet on it when you weigh in, I bought some higher platform for i it and it threw the weight off. Other than that we have had no issues with the weigh ins.
  • leix
    leix Posts: 176
    Options
    Shouldnt matter where you place wii board as it comes with feet extenders already fixed to it.

Mine 1+/1- lb Nothing major like 10lbs.
  • marsha73
    marsha73 Posts: 23
    Options
    my wii fit is pretty accurate. I use it for my weigh in's and compare it with a scale at work( I work in a nursing home) they are pretty close maybe a pound off .
  • janetgardiner
    Options
    I have a wii fit and also ww scales. If the batteries need changing in either one they can be way out but normally it's only out a very small amount or the same. We've also checked them with our gym scales as we went through a time where we were getting really mixed weight. That's when we worked out it was the batteries in both. New batteries and they are in line with everything. Good luck.
  • umily
    umily Posts: 1
    Options
    I like the weight watchers scale I bought from costco. Its pretty affordable
  • evanbeek
    evanbeek Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Best bet is to swing by your doctor for a quick weight and blood pressure test. Their scales are usually calibrated to be pretty accurate, and just a quick nurse visit shouldn't even cost you a co-pay, depending on your insurance. Then compare what they tell you with your scale and Wii and make a quick note on the +/- so you know for the future.

And a blood pressure test is always a good idea. : )