NSV over Girl Scout cookies!

Options
Ordered three boxes from a girl at work - they came in yesterday. I opened each box and put them out in the kitchen at work and walked away. They were soon gone and I did not eat any of them!! Yaaaaay!

Can't share this with hubby as he would be mad he missed the cookies! :wink:

Replies

• Kashton2011
    Kashton2011 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Well done - I think it's great you were able to walk away - I would find it difficult to do!
  • geoffers12
    geoffers12 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    you are so much stronger than i am....Samoas have some sort of inexplicable power over me.
  • tripodsmom
    tripodsmom Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I bought one box and ate a half a cookie and put the rest in the fridge, that full box is still in my fridge hope fully my husband will eat them soon.....Or i could take them to my parents house cause they eat anything. Great victory!
  • umfan85
    umfan85 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    If anybody needs a place to send their excess girl scout cookies, my address:

1234 I love Samoa Lane
    Ann Arbor, MI 48104

Lol. Nice job though! I have to just not buy them. I cannot resist the deliciousness that is a Samoa. I swear they secretly sprinkle crack into those things.
  • ForABetterMe89
    Options
    Some how there ended up being 8 boxes of girl scout cookies in my house. Needless to say 6 our of the 8 are gone. Surprisingly I had 2 servings of thin mints, over a weeks span, and 1.5 samos which after I ate said "they just don't taste the same" and put the box back. Last year I would have eaten the entire thin mint box :laugh:
  • laurengaugler
    laurengaugler Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    you are so much stronger than i am....Samoas have some sort of inexplicable power over me.
    ^^This!

Well done! I'm not sure I would have been able to do that.
  • post191rickdye
    post191rickdye Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    When I left Walmart the other day a good friend was out front with her daughter selling Girl Scout cookies. I couldn't just walk by so I had to come up with a plan...and quick! I walked up to the girls and gave them some money. I told them to keep any change but also NOT give me any cookies... I told them to tell their next customer that their cookies were already paid for and see how many customers would continue to "pay it forward!" I got away with a single bite of a single cookie!!
  • Jillyfish99
    Jillyfish99 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I don't know why but when I put food in the breakroom for others to eat instead of me eating it, I feel soooooo good! Like the food no longer has control over me.

I love girl scout cookies and I managed to not even buy a box this year. They are tastey but they do no look good on my hips. :P

Good for you!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!