PCOS buddies??

Options
Hi all I'm new here, I need to lose about 100lbs due to having PCOS and making some unhealthy choices in my life. I could really use new supportive friends on here who suffer from PCOS or have a lot to lose.....thanks everyone :-)

Replies

• KikiTea
    KikiTea Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi,

I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was about 19. I'm 44 now and during a scan last year, they saw no signs of PSOC. It just disappeared. Shame the weight didn't though! ;) I have been losing and gaining for years, but reached my highest weight ever by the end of December, as I had gained nearly three stone since last summer, (long story), but up until last Friday I have lost 12lbs since Jan 2nd. I am going to weigh myself again tomorrow morning.

I still have some symptoms of PCOS, unfortunately. Anyway, feel free to add me. :)
  • Brwnsugar_80
    Brwnsugar_80 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I was diagnosed in December with PCOS and severly anemia. Started taking Metformin in January 500mg/once a day. I've been trying to lose weight since October and only lost 13 pounds so far. This month I have joined a gym and hope this will give me the extra push that i need. I would love support , advice and motivation from fellow PCOS as I try to lose over 100 pounds. Feel free to add me! Thanks All!
  • freebird777
    Options
    I'm in the same boat with all of you lovely ladies with the PCOS and weight to lose. We can do this!
  • sarahmarieb36
    sarahmarieb36 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi all I'm new here, I need to lose about 100lbs due to having PCOS and making some unhealthy choices in my life. I could really use new supportive friends on here who suffer from PCOS or have a lot to lose.....thanks everyone :-)

talk about fate! i was just clicking on the community tab to do a search of PCOS and see if i can find some other friends with it. and BAM i didnt even have to search it was the first thing on the list. Feel free to add me =) i was just recently diagnosed (like a week ago) but i've always known something was wrong. my husband and i have been trying to have a baby for about 3 years now so i hope this weightloss journey will finally help us!! Im wanting to lose around 100lbs as well.

Anyone else feel free to add me as well!
  • amana_w
    amana_w Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Just wanted to throw my tuppence in. I'm 31 and 5ft 3 I also have PCOS, I know some of you are just starting out and I know the struggle of losing weight with PCOS so hope this helps. At my heaviest I weighed 226 pounds and shed over 100 pounds and kept it off for the most part. It was a long process and hard work plus it doesn't help that i'm allergic to exercise :wink: But you can get there be persistent and set small goals, They all add up in the end. I've gained a bit recently due to life changes but i'm sure with the support of MFP and eating habits it'll all work out great. GOOD LUCK and stay motivated.
  • kannh89
    kannh89 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I also suffer with PCOS, I was diagnosed when I was 16 and turned 24 last week. I am not considered overweight however I have started to put weight on recently and would like to deal with this before it gets out of control. I haven't posted on here before and any support would be great :-)
  • Jennicillin
    Options
    Got PCOS here too. It does make things a ton harder sometimes. My Metformin helps a lot thought :-) I just have to really pay attention to my carb and sugar cravings, the PCOS definitely amplifies that problem!
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I have PCOS too. I don't have as much weight to lose but I still understand your struggles.
  • shaybug21
    shaybug21 Posts: 23
    Options
    I have just been diagnosed with PCOS and I have about 100 pounds I need to lose. I've started Metformin as of Feb 20. I'm on 500 mg twice a day, although my OBGYN says I need to be on more (I was put on it by my primary dr.) It has helped me immensely in losing weight! My OB said after a couple cycles he will start me on all the hormones so we can TTC! I am so excited not only to try for a baby but to lose a lot of weight! I have been struggling with weight for years and no one would give me a diagnosis other than blaming me for poor eating choices and a sedentary lifestyle. Now the weight seems to be melting off!

Feel free to add me!
  • kkhall29
    kkhall29 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have pcos too. Nice to find a group that understands your feelings towards sugar.
  • SashaJaneJ
    SashaJaneJ Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I found out that I had PCOS when I was 21 years old. I have lost 180 pounds since joining MFP in May 2011. Please feel free to add me.
  • JennKoz529
    JennKoz529 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

I have not been diagnosed with PCOS but was wondering what some of the symptoms are. After doing some research it would not suprise me if I have this.....but I'm not a doctor!!!
  • Crystals_Journey
    Crystals_Journey Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I also have PCOS, and i'm highly allergic to metformin! But i'm turning to a healthy lifestyle to help with my weightloss (fingers crossed). Almost 5 years ago i lost a lot of weight and finally had a successful pregnancy (well he was 7 week early, but he's perfect now!)... now it's time to lose those pounds again! We CAN do this! :)
  • Forever85
    Options
    Have just added everyone. We can get each other through this :-)
  • NoahsMommy9939
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new here and also have PCOS. I successfully lost 40 lbs on Weight Watchers 2 years ago. I have since gained 10 lbs of it back. I tried WW again for about 4 weeks and have lost .6 lbs in 4 weeks. So now I'm here, trying this instead. I have about 40 more lbs to lose so something needs to work! I would love to connect with you!

Morrisa
  • chicanita91
    chicanita91 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Helloo, I love meeting new people that have PCOS. I was diagnosed in 2007 at the young age of 16.. I've been overweight pretty much my whole life. I've noticed cutting back on carbs is really helping my weight loss. I've been off of every kinda of pill to deal with PCOS for the last year, I'm hoping with a healthy diet and exsercise and losing some of this weight will bring me back to healthy ovulation. Any other ladies looking for PCOS buddies, please feel free to add me, I didn't think I would have lost this much weight so far but it feels great and I'll support anybody on this journey with me :D
  • KChesneyGal
    KChesneyGal Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with PCOS last year, I need to lose over 100 pounds, I have cut back on my carbs but I found when tracking my food on here I always go over on my sugars, I lost 15 pounds a few months back but wound up gaining it back plus some, I was taking Progesterone but I am currently off of it. I have struggled with my weight most of my life and currently at my highest weight.
  • Lovett123
    Lovett123 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm in the same boat! I was diagnosed with PCOS in September 2012 and it finally answered a lot of questions but I still have to try sooo hard to resist bingeing on sugar! I started struggling with my weight in my late teens, now I'm in my early 20's I'm determined to shake it all off!
  • CaliSteph
    CaliSteph Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

Have PCOS as well - diagnosed when I was 14. We can do this!

Feel free to add me for support!
  • hollygoddess
    hollygoddess Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Holly & had PCOS since age 13, any fellow PCOS gals welcome to friend me!