MFP Tracking with Juicing....

Options
How do you recommend I track juice from juicing fruits and veggies....

Technically I'm not eating the entire piece.

Ps. What juicer do you use and love?

Thanks All!

Happy Tuesday ;)

Alexandra

Replies

• bfridey
    bfridey Posts: 25
    Options
    Hi there,
    I think that there are a few nutritionally correct juice combos on MFP
    I would either use those, use some recipes that are already programmed (like Mean Green juice from the Reboot website)
    Or i would just log the food that you are juicing and see how that goes- obviously the fibre would be removed but all the other nutrients are there.
    I am using the Hurom MK-300 juicer. its awesome & i love it!
    Kind Regards,
    Bel
  • ls_66
    ls_66 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    When I was juicing regularly I would use this web site to figure out the calories
    http://myphytos.com/build
    My Juicer is an Omega Vert VRT350 Juicer, love it... now gets mostly used to make nut milks
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    For my homemade juices, I basically either use the "raw" version of the food on the list. Or for some of my most common fruits and vegies, I make my own private entry for that food. Basically I copy the nutrition from the "raw" food, but get rid of all the fiber

... or if all that's important to you is the calories, measure how much juice comes out that you actually drink. 4 oz. of FRUIT juice is about 55 calories and 4 oz of VEGETABLE juice is about 25 calories.
  • jessvolpe
    jessvolpe Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering this myself. I usually just put in the fruits and veggies I use but I don't think the juice I could be drinking is 255+ cals...could it be?
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I have the Breville Juice Fountain Plus and I love it. Got it for $120 at BB&B with a 20% coupon. I just include the whole fruit as if I was eating it. I drink a green juice everyday and it's around 223 calories