Anyone drink green tea?

Options

Replies

• ashleya831
    Options
    I drink at least 6 cups of green tea a day. I see a difference in my skin and it has helped me a lot on my weightloss journey. I lost over 20 pounds my first month. I read that if you drink 4 cups a day for 8 weeks it will help you lose 10 extra pounds. I drink my tea cold and sometimes with Peach. So good!
  • annpatricianielsen
    Options
    I drink 5 cups of green rhubarb tea every day (Sometimes it's black tea - depends on the mood I'm in! :-)) I have read about these benefits, but frankly I'm don't see any difference. I only drink it because I can't function unless I've had my daily tea!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I've been hearing a lot about how green tea is suppose to boost your metabolism, make you happier, and do all these great things for you. I've just been having a cup a day for about a week and was wondering, does anyone else drinks it and sees any differences? thanks :)

I drink it because it tastes good and I like the caffeine buzz :drinker: It has some minimal health benefits but it's not a miracle elixir.
  • BeautifulBrownButterfly
    Options
    I love green tea I drink Bigelow Green tea with Lemon twist tea half of lemon and honey!! It helps me with when i feel bloated!! I can def tell the difference when i drink it and when I don't
  • Lochbuie
    Lochbuie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I drink at least one cup of green tea per day steeped from a tea bag. My green tea has hints of lemongrass and spearmint, and is very tasty. Green tea helps with metabolism and is chock full of antioxidants! Drink up!!
  • dmkoenig
    dmkoenig Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Green tea isn't going to be a magic potion to melt away pounds but its antioxidant benefits are well-understood so at a low level body function it's a very healthy add. The more tangible positive benefit is probably as a replacement for drinking or eating something less healthy.

I prefer to drink a Chinese Green tea called Lungching, not only because I can find it cheap at an Oriental market but because it is a milder green tea with a hint of natural sweetness so I can leave the tea steeping indefinitely and drink it without adding any sweetener. I bring it to work and drink at least a couple of big mugs a day. I don't notice any pronounced caffeine hit but it is a nice soothing drink to reach for...
  • MerMandy17
    MerMandy17 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I drink Green Tea with Mint both hot and cold. I usually try to have a glass or mug when I'm feeling hungry (and it isn't mealtime) that way I know for sure if I was actually hungry or not. I have heard similiar things. Either way, its an easy way to get your water in each day and its has no calories and lower levels of natural caffenine!
  • cljabusc
    cljabusc Posts: 48
    Options
    i've been drinking it form about a month and a half in place of my morning cup of coffee. my skin is clearer (could be changed diet or water intake), and i no longer crave coffee. I don't think you will be able to notice a drastic difference. It might not show on your outsides, but it deffinately makes a difference on your insides and i think that's reason enough to drink it
  • JessicaRobin67
    JessicaRobin67 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Yes, but like the kind with blueberries and Acai... Green tea with Superfruit
  • LisaR86
    LisaR86 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking it every morning & afternoon to help curb my appetite while doing a 90-Challenge with my ViSalus shakes. I only started this week so may be too soon to tell if it's doing any else. Good luck with your fitness goals!
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it's just a placebo effect or something, but yes. Definitely "feel" better overall drinking it than when I'm not.
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I drink green tea... and all different kinds of tea, because I love it, not because of purported health benefits. I do feel good when I have green tea though, and it's a nice change from drinking water all the time. Just about every day at work, I brew half a 16oz cup with green tea and then fill the rest up with ice for jummy iced tea. I find it easier to drink without adding sugar or cream when it's iced - hot tea always makes me want sugar/cream.
  • sammielealea
    sammielealea Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I do, but I drink it without the caffeine. I use my Keurig and put 2 regular teabags in the cup. I then add frozen blueberries and a bit of honey to my mug and brew the tea into it. I absolutely love it and may start drinking it more often. I don't think I'd lose weight from it, but the health benefits are awesome. :)

I drink it because I like it. ^^This sounds delish, gonna have to try it!
  • RunForChai
    RunForChai Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm drinking it right now. I love the taste of Organic India Tulsi Pomegranate Green Tea and Celestial Seasonings Pomegranate. Doesn't need any sweetner!

Quality matters--I don't think Lipton is going to have the antioxidant properties that the more organic kind do.

Enjoy!
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I drink half a pitcher daily and a cup of oolong. I don't think I notice any difference. I just like the taste.
  • KateCon912
    KateCon912 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I drink 1-3 cups a day! I love green tea! Great for your skin and overall health! And it tastes so good! :) I love it!
  • 13suzie
    13suzie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    GOTTA SHARE MY FAVORITE GREEN TEA: Made by * * * Mighty Leaf * * * and the flavor is * * * Tropical Green Tea * * * -- it is such a good green tea. Totally delicious and beautifully made (no paper bag -- it's a material bag with sewn cord). Not cheap but it's worth it. I found it at Whole Foods and other specialty foods or fancy shmancy stores. It's worth it.
  • lunaticlover
    Options
    Green tea is noticeable for the weightloss proprieties it has, and it works if you drink it right.

First of all, it won't work if you drink from teabags, because it's processed and has lost most of it's natural properties, you have to get loose leafs and make the tea yourself. For noticeable results, you should drink around 1,5L of it a day, not at once of course, but drink it through the day. One cup a day from a teabag will do nothing.

Since I started drinking green tea I've lost around 30lbs, not only from the tea, but it has helped a lot, I stayed a month without drinking any and my weightloss has slowed down a bit because of that.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I drink it regularly because I enjoy it. It helps me from not snacking. It doesn't actually make you lose any weight or increase your metabolism.
  • AuntieKT
    AuntieKT Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Yes. I am literally drinking it right now as I am typing one handed (sips)!