Low Carb dinners?

Options
lilmissymoo90
lilmissymoo90 Posts: 324 Member
i really dont know what to have for dinner tonight .. whats everyones fav low carb meals =D

ps.. i dont count carbs from veg and fruit x

Replies

• southerngoddess1
    southerngoddess1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    check out www.genaw.com. There is an enchilada bake on there I can eat everyday. It's under beef I think. It's the one with the * beside the name. YUM!
  • seeled
    seeled Posts: 93
    Options
    I use a lot of recipes off of that site. My husband LOVED the enchilada (spelling) bake!! The only think I do not like about a lot of the recipes are they are sooo high fat. I know when doing low carb, it is higher fat but it was crazy how much fat I was eating when I first started. I have only been doing low carb 3 weeks. This week hasn't been good for me.I think if I make any more recipes from there, I will use leaner meats like ground chuck instead of hamburger meat.
  • ritasice21
    ritasice21 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    my families favorite, and yes, tonight also! This makes 4 servings:

3/4 to 1 lb ground sausage or links uncased and chopped small
    10- 12 oz frozen spinach
    salt, pepper, garlic, any other spice you like
    4 oz cream cheese
    1 lb egg white product (or about a dozen egg whites)

brown the sausage and place in 8x8 glass pan
    defrost spinach, mix in softened cream cheese and spices, spread carefully over sausage
    take plastic straw or fork and poke a bunch of holes through the spinach layer
    pour the egg white product over top
    bake at 350 for 40 mins or till just set
    sprinkle with parm, then broil 5 mins
  • lilmissymoo90
    lilmissymoo90 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    yeah you have to watch the fat it is higher but i try to stay rather low my carbs sometimes seem high but i refuse to count carbs in fruit and veg and im doing well as i was stuck at 14.5 stone started 3-4 days ago and ive started loosing again =D thanks for the site ive used it before and love the recipes just find it hard getting some stuff due to being in africa =/
  • michmich68
    michmich68 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I love her website! In fact tonight I'm making "Josie's Pork Chops Alfredo". DeLISH with a side of cauliflower. It makes a yummy gravy.

I only use her recipes maybe one or two nights a week. The rest of the week I try to keep it simple by just cooking a protein and a side veggie.

Baked Tilapia/Asparagus
    Sirloin Patty/Spinach
    Chicken Breast/Broccoli

Etc.

We always have a small salad first, too, with some nice full fat dressing. OR alot of times I just slice up the veggies (cucs, tomato, avocado, red onion, red bell pepper) and throw some goat cheese on top with a little pepper. SO good.
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    My favorite is grilled salmon with spaghetti squash and a big salad. Yummy!!
  • southerngoddess1
    southerngoddess1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I tend to use ground turkey 99% of the time and 2% cheese. That helped with the fat. But, I see mine higher than my protein most days :(
  • martinah4
    martinah4 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    My husband make's a wonderful mixture that we call Cheesy Chicken. It's SO so so easy. Put chicken breasts (diced or whole) in a dutch over with seasoning salt, maybe a little olive oil, and cook at 350 for about 2-3 hours. Shred chicken (if it was whole). Add about a cup of cheese, a little half-n-half. Then eat over steamed broccoli. So good!

He also makes a mixture of ground beef, tomato's, onions, bell peppers and squash, with seasonings, that you can eat on a low-carb tortilla. Very quick and easy to make.
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I am eating low carbs too and my fat intake is out of control. Lean turkey meat is just so expensive.

I am on the hunt for spaghetti squash. I have not seen it in any of the stores I shop. I love the taste of it, plus it has low carbs.
  • AnnaLaura82
    AnnaLaura82 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thai Chicken Larb:
    Thai chicken larb
    I love the clean, zingy flavours in this dish. It’s great to put in a lunch box as well.
    SERVES 2
    juice of ½ lime
    3 tsp fish sauce
    ½ tsp brown sugar
    2 tsp peanut oil
    1 lemongrass stalk,
    pale part only, finely chopped
    1 bird's-eye chilli, finely chopped
    1 clove garlic, crushed
    300g lean chicken mince
    1 red shallot, thinly sliced
    ¹/³ cup coriander leaves
    ¹/³ cup mint leaves
    ½ Lebanese cucumber, shaved into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
    ½ iceberg lettuce, leaves separated and trimmed into cups
    lime wedges, to serve
    Combine lime juice, fish sauce and sugar in a bowl and set aside. Heat oil in a wok on medium and stir-fry lemongrass, chilli and garlic for 1 minute until fragrant. Remove from wok. Stir-fry chicken for 4 minutes until brown, stirring to break up any lumps. Return lemongrass mixture to the wok, add lime juice mixture, shallot and herbs, and toss to combine. Serve the larb with the cucumber in the lettuce cups, with lime wedges on the side.
    Tip: This is a spicy salad, but you may want to start with half a chilli. You can always add the rest after you've tasted the mixture.
  • nbradshw
    nbradshw Posts: 2
    Options
    Try the carb-lovers diet they have options for "good carb lunches/dinners" that incorporate ggod carb vs. bad carb options. Also WholeFoods.com recipes they have good suggestions