coffee....HELP

Options
My only true splurge is that I have to have my coffee in the morning with of course creamer, and Swiss no sugar added hot chocolate. Do you have any ideas of how I can still have my coffee without 300+ calories? The catch is that it still has to taste good.

Replies

• lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    What in the world do you put in it that makes it 300 calories?

I have mine with splenda and powdered creamer and I love the way it taste lol.
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    i use splenda and powder creamer too!!!! love it and its sweet and only like 30 calories...
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about the Suisse Mocha powder? You add that and creamer to your regular coffee? Just want to make sure I understand!
    Even then...the Suisse Mocha sugar free is pretty low in calories....I don't know how one earth your coffee is 300+!!
  • youngs
    youngs Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I have my coffee with sugar free french vanilla creamer(get it at walmart in case with milk)..How in the world are you getting 300 calorie coffee..that seems like alot..unless you are going to some special coffee house and getting something(like starbucks)..but to just have coffee at home with creamer..I can not for the life of me figure out the 300 calories even if you was to drink 2 pots with cream and sugar..
  • AlynnP1005
    AlynnP1005 Posts: 195
    Options
    I usually add chocolate soy milk to my coffee...it gives it that mocha-ish flavor with alot less calories. And then I dont need any other sweeteners
  • evanbeek
    evanbeek Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Black coffee for the most part is calorie free. I go with 2 tbsp of CoffeeMate Sugar Free Vanilla creamer most mornings (30 calories, no sugar), and if I want some chocolate/mocha taste, I add 1/4 package of standard Swiss Miss Milk Chocolate Powder (35 calories).

For a change, make it like normal, then fill a glass with ice and pour it over that. Instant ice mocha. : )
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Try Droste Cocoa. It's dark chocolate and i think sugar free. I love it.
  • 623Hernandez
    623Hernandez Posts: 458
    Options
    OMG I am having the same problem.... or had. Before I started MFP I tried in vein to eat better but the one thing I did stick to was the amount of coffee and creamer I use. I cut myself down to 3 cups with only 3 tblsp. of nondairy creamer and upped my splenda packets one to 4. I lost 7 pounds in 3 months. I didn't even know till I started this site! 3 cups of coffee is 7 cal. and 3 tblsp. of nondairy creamer is 90 cal. I was drinking over 300 (sometimes more) calories a day in my coffee most days. Hope this helps....:drinker:
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    i have 1 keurig french vanilla kcup with splenda and 2 tablespoons of Sugar Free French Vanilla coffee mate creamer...i count my coffee as 30 calories for my travel mug....
    not sure where 300 calories comes from....i definitely recommend splenda and the SF or FF creamers...
  • etarre
    etarre Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of sugar-free flavored syrups-- Torani makes the most commonly-sold ones, but there are a ton of other brands out there, too. My favorite is sugar free almond roca syrup, but it's hard to find, and not worth it to buy on Amazon b/c shipping is so pricey. If you can find these at a store near you, they're worth a try....
  • telesa
    telesa Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Ok so maybe not 300+ calories, about 220. So this is what is in it. Just a reminder I did say creamer, I just didn’t say how much.  I use Coffee Mate Coconut Cream creamer about 4tbls and 1tbls of Swiss Miss no sugar added hot chocolate. Grand total of 220 according to MFP.
  • FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Ok so maybe not 300+ calories, about 220. So this is what is in it. Just a reminder I did say creamer, I just didn’t say how much.  I use Coffee Mate Coconut Cream creamer about 4tbls and 1tbls of Swiss Miss no sugar added hot chocolate. Grand total of 220 according to MFP.

Okay, now I think we can understand how your coffee has so many calories. The Coffemate Creamers are awesome, but the non-sugar free ones will DESTROY your calorie intake. Also, 4 tbls is a lot of creamer! Have you ever measured out 8 oz (1 exact cup) of plain ol' coffee? It really isn't that much. And then adding 4 tbls of creamer is kinda like drinking straight creamer with a wee bit of coffee.

Now I know, we like what we like and a lot of folks just can't stand the taste of coffee, hence they load it with creamer, SweetnLow, what have you (my mother does that). If you must have that particular flavor of coffee, try weaning yourself off of the creamer a tbls at a time until you get used to the flavor or as someone else suggested, try a flavored syrup such as Torani (sic). Just try to find a sugar free syrup!
  • Soon2beskinny73
    Soon2beskinny73 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    You would be surprised at how many calories you can add to coffee. I used to add around 250 calories to my coffee alone which was ridiculous!

Any ways I add 2 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream to my coffee (the taste is very rich which I like). I don't like sugar in my coffee therefore never had any problems there.

I love all the flavored creamers they have but due to the fact that I am counting carbs I wasn't able to find even a sugar free creamer that I liked that was low enough in carbs. Any ways the heavy whipping cream does have more fat in it and because I am on Atkins I can have as much fat as I want so no biggie there. It's only 50 calories per tablespoon so for me that works , I just spend the extra 100 calories in my coffee since I put no sugar or anything like that in it.
  • telesa
    Options
    great idea :) thanks
  • telesa
    Options
    thanks
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    thanks for the idea.. Georgia is HOT now, but I still love my coffee!
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    If you just can't live without the coconut then check out www.davincigourmet.com they sell the sugar free flavored syrups. Just like the Torani syrups mentioned by another poster. I know they have the sugar free coconut. I used to order from them and shipping isn't so bad if you order multiple flavors. The syrups are also good to use in vanilla protein drinks for different flavors. They also have cola and fruity flavors for snow cone type stuff. :smile:
  • Irinka76
    Irinka76 Posts: 2
    Options
    I always wanted to know this one... so black coffee has no calories at all?
  • dtraylor
    dtraylor Posts: 32
    Options
    lol on all you tenderfoots, tenderfeet? Black coffee all the way, the older and blacker the better, except Starbucks, bleh.
    Once you go black coffee....well you don't need creamer any more. ;o)
    Ah the benefits of having been a soldier never end! :o)
    I actually don't like sweetened coffee much anymore.
    and...And...AND, I eat my raw celery without peanut butter, thank you, lol

Just kidding around, I used to hate beer too, till I got old and all my taste buds died. :o)
  • Dedicated
    Dedicated Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Every morning I mix1 tsp sugar (dissolved in a little hot water), 1 packet Starbucks Columbia VIA, and 8 oz of milk with some ice. If you like iced lattes this is awesome and runs about 100 calories. You can also use sugar free syrups instead of the sugar.
    I used to drink coffee with creamer, but I like this much better. Plus I get calcium and protein!