1 Year today

Options
eeirich74
eeirich74 Posts: 13 Member
So, today marks 1 year, 365 days since I unknowingly changed my life. 1 year ago today, I went to website called MyFitnessPal, I thought "let's give it a try, and take it one day at a time". I have faithfully got on there several times a day and have logged what I've eaten for the past 365 days. It has been difficult not only for me but for my whole family, they have put up with me changing the way I cook, what I keep in the house, and the words that come out of my mouth ;) without their support and Jesus, I know I wouldn't be making it.
1 year ago, I was 60 pounds heavier than I am today, which is unfortunately not the heaviest I had been, but that's another story. This story only consists of what 1 year can can do, what relying on Jesus can do. I've never been stronger; physically, emotionally, and most importantly spiritually.
The story isn't over, it's started a new chapter. I'm going to be blunt, it hasn't been easy, but it's been easier than the lie that I believed for so many years. The lie that I couldn't do it, the lie that told me I would never change, that I couldn't change. I still take it one day at a time, and if I have a bad day, well, tomorrow's a new one.
God is about freedom, freedom to live the life He planned for you, you can either accept Jesus and live in true freedom or live in fake freedom bonded and oppressed to what the world tells you is good and right. You have a choice everyday.
Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you HOPE and a future"
1 year ago, I made a choice, I wish I made it sooner, but no looking back, only looking forward...God bless

Replies

• Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Jesus makes you thin?
  • dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Congrats on several things 1) your daily committment to you 2) your loss of 60 pounds and 3) increasing your spiritual well being.

All of these things are a journey and take work. Same days are easier than others but everyday takes effort. Great job on making that effort and it paying off for you.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Sorry I should have just avoided this thread. Congratulations on your loss, however you got there.
  • MrUrsula
    MrUrsula Posts: 11
    Options
    Isn't it wonderful when we lay down our plans and choose the path God has in store for us? I believe He wants us in good health inside and out and especially spiritually. God bless you on your journey and continue to keep up the great work that He has done in your life. Congratulations:wink:
  • StheK
    StheK Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Sorry I should have just avoided this thread. Congratulations on your loss, however you got there.

Ditto.
    37434958 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Jesus made you thin?
  • phatnotfat81
    Options
    Jesus makes you thin?

SMH!......BUT ANYWAYS.........Congrats!
  • MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Jesus makes you thin?

Jesus helps you have self control and strength = Jesus makes you thin! I think this is an awesome post! Thanks for sharing your success and your faith!! Congrats! Keep it going and God bless!!! :flowerforyou:
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Do what ever brings you happiness and good health! Wonderful!
  • michelle_00
    Options
    Congrats on your success! 60 lbs in a year is amazing! :smile:

While I don't share your faith, I do respect it and don't see why others feel like they have to mock it. Sorry but you're probably in for a lot more of those comments....
  • Tamar65
    Tamar65 Posts: 12
    Options
    Awesome story....GOD is GOOD...keep up the good work.
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! This sounds like my story also! NO Jesus didn't make us thin he gives us the strength to achieve our goals! Just because others don't believe doesn't mean everyone is like that. Thank you for your post I'm sending a friend request.
  • Trerika
    Trerika Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success. I just started and it is quite an inspiration for me 6 days ago.
  • eeehutch
    eeehutch Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I strongly believe physical, mental, and spiritual health are closely linked. Good mindset you have...I'm working hard to get to where you are. Thanks for sharing!
  • Charles4Jesus
    Charles4Jesus Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I could do nothing without Jesus! No, he doesn't make you thin, but times can get hard and we can get frustrated and down, but when you have Jesus, you have someone to turn to. Thank you for this post and God Bless you!

Galatians 6:14
  • portergolf
    Options
    Jesus made you thin?

religion and interent forums..... ummm not gonna end well.
  • phatnotfat81
    Options
    Jesus made you thin?

Why be sarcastic!? You should just skip the thread.......
  • ReddySetLose
    Options
    :happy: good job
  • Barbsunshine
    Options
    I agree! I just started appx 2 weeks ago.
  • Dulcemami4ever
    Dulcemami4ever Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    So, today marks 1 year, 365 days since I unknowingly changed my life. 1 year ago today, I went to website called MyFitnessPal, I thought "let's give it a try, and take it one day at a time". I have faithfully got on there several times a day and have logged what I've eaten for the past 365 days. It has been difficult not only for me but for my whole family, they have put up with me changing the way I cook, what I keep in the house, and the words that come out of my mouth ;) without their support and Jesus, I know I wouldn't be making it.
    1 year ago, I was 60 pounds heavier than I am today, which is unfortunately not the heaviest I had been, but that's another story. This story only consists of what 1 year can can do, what relying on Jesus can do. I've never been stronger; physically, emotionally, and most importantly spiritually.
    The story isn't over, it's started a new chapter. I'm going to be blunt, it hasn't been easy, but it's been easier than the lie that I believed for so many years. The lie that I couldn't do it, the lie that told me I would never change, that I couldn't change. I still take it one day at a time, and if I have a bad day, well, tomorrow's a new one.
    God is about freedom, freedom to live the life He planned for you, you can either accept Jesus and live in true freedom or live in fake freedom bonded and oppressed to what the world tells you is good and right. You have a choice everyday.
    Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you HOPE and a future"
    1 year ago, I made a choice, I wish I made it sooner, but no looking back, only looking forward...God bless

Yep! Jesus gave her the strength to be thin. You want people to respect you for you and not your beliefs or non-beliefs lol? Then don't come on threads trying to down what others do believe in.

Edit- this was to the poster who said "Jesus made you thin?"
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!