In need of some major motivation

Options
Right now I'm in need some major motivation to lose some weight. Mygrandmother has helped an told me what I can and can not eat. Bu everytime i start a diet it gets blown off. Can any one help me keep my motivation to lose weight and feel good about my self????

Replies

• mamaofapreemie
    Options
    I know what you mean by needing some motivations. So far I have tried everything and it just keeps blown up in my face. Last year I was dieting and lost 28 lbs in 12 weeks. July of last year I got pregnant just like that. I didn't gain but maybe 8 lbs through the whole pregnancy. Well I had him back in march and was pass my pregnancy weight. 3 weeks later after I had him I found out that my milk was bad and we had to put him on formula. I was so depressed(and still am) and I gained over 30 lbs back. I am on facebook and I have a group called, To get healthy, is to be healthy, if you would like to join. I'm trying to get people to join, and I have some, but the more support and all we get the more we can get this diet goin and have people there for us and support. I would really like if you would join. I don't have a lot of support, no motivation, no self esteem. You can add me too if you would like so that you don't have to just talk to me on the group. My name is Tara Hofer. I hope that I can help you on your journey and give you great motivation. In the group all you have to do is, Tell us your story, post a starting out body picture, tips on what you are doin, recipes and what you might think that will help. Hope to see you there :)
  • cocacole77
    cocacole77 Posts: 53
    Options
    Don't "diet" just eat better! Even cutting your portions a little will help you lose! Keep LOTS and LOTS of fruit and veggies on hand and snack on those instead of breads, chips, etc! A little slip once in a while won't hurt you and is sometimes essential to keep a person sane!

Also try to exercise at least 30 minutes three days a week...it will really help and exercising allows you more calories!!

Good Luck
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Any kind of diet change has to be gradual... I had to cut out things one by one because I knew if I went cold turkey and did it all at once, I would quit as I have in the past. So I cut out specific things one at a time... sodas, candy, fast food, drank more water, adding exercise, etc.
  • busyiam
    busyiam Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I agree with not dieting and just eating better. You can do it!!!
  • theresea1231
    theresea1231 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    myfitnesspal is a great place for you to start! There are many helpful sections of this website. I have also utilized active.com (forums) as a help for the exercise part of my weight loss and fitness goals. I cannot even begin to tell you how good I feel just three months into it! Oh! It's also a good idea to surround yourself with people of like minds (eating healthy, exercising etc). I attend a little group at my church called COMPLETE and at those meetings we weigh in (accountability), share recipes or new products, get a little lesson on fitness or a healthy diet or sometimes get a "talking to" because of too much of a weight gain lol.