I have lost the plot

Options
hgam1
hgam1 Posts: 237 Member
and I don't even know where to start from! I have no motivation. I don't exercise anymore and I seem, no...strike that. Not seem, I just sit at home once am back from work and eat. Not just my main 3 meals, I am snacking, eating junk and don't even know how to stop. I NEED HELP. Sad thing is, I am at the "happiest" of my life. Just got married, husband is great. Kids doing ok. So what is the matter with me. I am piling it up and I know it as certain clothes are now snug. Trousers are out now as I usually gain the most around the hips. HELP ME PLEASE SOMEONE. I don't know what is the matter with me.

Replies

• dore0021
    dore0021 Posts: 137
    Options
    I'm having a rough time too :-(
    I was making really good progress, I guess getting comfortable with my new routine, too comfortable, then I started snacking more, having a couple extra bites of the kids meals etc etc and last week was my first week with no weight loss.

We both just need to wake up! Right now is our time! Let's do it!!!!

You've already lost 4 lbs, that's fantastic! Why lose that progress... You can do it. Start fresh this morning. You can do it!!!!
  • ieatstickers
    ieatstickers Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    sometimes it's hard to gain motivation. what i try to do is just discipline myself. even if i eat badly, i try not to neglect my exercises and just do it, as if my life depended on it or i had no other choice. if that makes any sense. i also like to watch workout vids just for entertainment, because it usually helps me get motivated. and since you have kids, you could use them as motivation, too. a lot of mothers on here want to lose weight for their kids, that way they can be a positive role model and be healthy for them.

you have lost 4 pounds so far, so that's a great start!
  • hgam1
    hgam1 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    thanks so much for the uplifting advice ladies. I have readjusted my goals as at the time I wrote about my worries initially, I had not weighed. I have gone back to the gym (fingers crossed), and trying really hard to get re-motivated again. Once again thanks so much for your encouraging words. I love being with mfp. There are lots of great guys here.