color run

Options
So I'm sure there are others here from the Chicago area. Who wants to do the Color Run with me in June? My family lives to far away and all my friends think Im insane for wanting to run it soooo anyone with me??

Replies

• leighdiane91
    leighdiane91 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Can't do it with you because I live in Minneapolis, but I think it's crazy your friends don't want to do it! It's the only 5k I have actually convinced my friends to do with me! (we are doing the one in Minneapolis).

good luck though! it is going to be a blast!!
  • JCulp19
    Options
    none of my friends like running or anything health related really. :( i wish i could change their minds
  • ericat86
    Options
    That's awesome.... I'm definitely not in shape yet to run a 5k, but I could walk! :smile:
  • JCulp19
    Options
    That's awesome.... I'm definitely not in shape yet to run a 5k, but I could walk! :smile:

are you in the chicago area? I couldn't run it yet either. That is why I want someone who wants to do it with me to keep me accountable to get in shape enough to do it! I'v started and stopped the c25k program at least 5 times and I really want to finish it and become a runner :D
  • annlsinger
    annlsinger Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    none of my friends like running or anything health related really. :( i wish i could change their minds

Maybe you need to find some new friends. Not ditch the old ones, by any means. Just add some new ones! :wink:
  • YAYJules
    YAYJules Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I'll be there in spirit! I'm doing Baltimore, though. :-)
  • YAYJules
    YAYJules Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Why am I a thread killer?
  • irish8321
    irish8321 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Im planning on running it!. it will be my 2nd 5K. i have been using th3 C25K app and it really seems to help me. I used the program to help me run the turkey trot, almost finished it running the whole time so the color run my goal is to actually run the while think and maybe cut off some time. Add me and we can keep each other motivated!
  • ericat86
    ericat86 Posts: 3
    Options
    I live in Joliet.. I just want to be able to run like 5 blocks without panting heavily afterwards! It's definitely going to be a challenge but I would like to eventually run a 5k........
  • lbrown73
    lbrown73 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the one in Atlanta! I did it last year too, and I walked the entire time. A lot of people walk it because 1) it's not a timed race, and 2) the color stations get backed up, and you have to stop. But I enjoyed it for those reasons. It's a FUN 5K with no pressure!
  • dsendre
    dsendre Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm already registered for the one in Chicago this year. I'll be participating with a group of friends who all signed up of varying fitness levels. Should be fun. I've never done the color run before but have done a bunch of the Chicago 5Ks. If I keep up my current routine, hopefully I'll need some new (smaller) running clothes by then!
  • sweetage123
    sweetage123 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I live in Chicago! My roommate and her friend are already signed up. I've been to the website like three different times and just haven't made the commitment to pay the $50 yet! Where in Chicago are you?
  • ericat86
    ericat86 Posts: 3
    Options
    So, the more I thought about the color run, the more I wanted to do it, BUT I just saw on living social a deal for the Glow-in-the-Dark 5K Dance Party.... That looks awesome!!!! Are any of you Chicago-ans up for that?