NOW WHAT!? PLEASE HELP!!

Options
Ok so I bought myself a bike, have wii fit plus, and dusted off the elliptical. Now where do I find the motovation to use them?? I hate that I hate exercise!! PLEASE HELP! Help me find motivation. What do you do that gets you on the bike, elliptical, wii fit board, or trail?

Replies

• schoonmp
    schoonmp Posts: 175
    Options
    to reach all your goals you've set that's how. the more you exercise the faster you can get that mani and pedi.
  • JJs25th
    JJs25th Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Knowing that staying off the exercise is what got me in the mess i was in in the first place.
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I tell myself all I have to do is 10 or 15 minutes, after that time if I want to quit I do, but I find more than not I will keep going, because by that time I really don't mind it, besides, there's not much I can't suffer though for 10 or 15 minutes in this life.
  • h20lillys
    h20lillys Posts: 31
    Options
    Try to put it on your schedule. Do something every day and then it gets routine. Get out and ride your bike or go for a walk. I always do better when i leave the house beucase i don't want to look silly going for a walk and then turning around in 3 minutes. I used to drive out to a lake that had a walking and running path. I would make my self go around it becasue I didn't want people to see me leaving after i just got there! And it would walk all the way around because other people were out there. On bad days just set small goals, walk to that tree and back and increase a little every day.

If you have an eliptical at home put it infront of the tv and watch a tv program while you are doing it.

Good Luck!
  • mom2boyzinaz
    Options
    put on some good music that makes you move and start off doing 15 to 20 mins.
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Be your own motivation!
    I want to be able to shop for clothes in more than 3 stores!
    I am working towards a breast reduction!
    I want to keep up some what with my very fit boyfriend of 71/2 years.
    I want to feel good about myself!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I get to listen to my awesome playlist on my ipod and I feel amazing after I work out.....what other motivation do I need?
  • 623Hernandez
    623Hernandez Posts: 458
    Options
    thanks you guys...... I hate that it is so hard for me. I want to change my life and make exercise part of it. Starting to change is hard! I am going to move the elliptical in from the garage! I don't have cable out there and I love to watch HGTV. I will start with 15 min. a day and see if I can keep it up. Maybe even work up to 30 min.
  • baggins706
    baggins706 Posts: 310
    Options
    MUSIC grab your mp3 player, ipod, CD player...what ever you use...put the headphones on and listen to a song that you know that will get you moving... when I don't want to workout I would put on the headphones and listen to it while I get ready for my workout by the time you're done brushing your teeth you will be ready to get into moving your feet!

Good Luck :happy:
  • kitty_cat023
    Options
    if none of those work - then do something that doesn't FEEL like exercise! join a class that takes your focus off "exercising" and onto something else - ie.: martial arts-your focus can then become what you are doing for yourself in terms of self defense and confidence, and climbing up the ranks with belts, or yoga classes - more focused on breathing and meditation than exercise, and looking at all the other hot bodies might motivate you to keep going (since it's working for them!) or go for a hike, a walk, play some football or frisbee with friends, etc.
  • ritodcin03
    ritodcin03 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    There are some types of exercise where the very thought of doing it makes me think that I would rather set myself on fire rather than struggle through it. It's all about finding the one you enjoy! I discovered trail hiking, yoga and running make me feel great. Now when I feel unmotivated I remember that when I put the earbuds in, no one can interrupt me with their needs and wants. It's ME time! How often during the day can you completely zone out and day dream? I let my mind drift and after a while, all of my stress has slipped to the back of my mind. I also visualize a very fit me doing the exercise--a little positive visualization goes a long way! And Missouri_rain has a great suggestion because the first 15 minutes is usually the hardest part. 15 minutes in and you've found your stride. Congrats on getting started!
  • sagithia
    sagithia Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Set small goals. First, I will tart off with 1/2 hour 3 days in a row and 1 day break. If I do that for a month, I can have.....

Motivate yourself like you would a child. That is what I do. Make it a big deal, its a huge accomplishment and everyone has to start somewhere...
  • Mirlyn
    Mirlyn Posts: 256
    Options
    Good music on an ipod. Usually 5 minutes into my workout the motivation to stay on kicks in, you just gotta take that initial baby step to start.
  • h20lillys
    h20lillys Posts: 31
    Options
    Also think about how good you will feel afterwards!
  • jacolyncoker
    jacolyncoker Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Well everytime I'm feeling not motivated to do anything, I take off my shirt and look at my stomach. I stare at it and think, 'the only way this is ever going to look good, is if I exersise NOW.'
    And that gets me going, ahha.