Eating before the Gym

Options
VonTinka
VonTinka Posts: 89 Member
Hey guys is it bad that i eat my tea before i go the gym? I work 37 hours a week so i don't get much time to go the gym so i usually go after i've had tea or have my tea after, will this effect me too much?

Replies

• TrishLG
    TrishLG Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Runners say, "Empty stomach, empty colon." But as long as you eat light, you should have no problem.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    It all depends on your preference. I eat before I workout as it helps me and I get shaky if I don't.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I eat a big breakfast about an hour before my 90 minute workout which includes lifting and cardio and I feel very energetic.
    I guess you can experiment and see for yourself. Everyone feels differently but if I don't eat before-I'm dragging my way through it.
  • amykluver
    amykluver Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm eating (1/2 of a protein bar) right now and hope to go workout in about 15 minutes.
    Depends on how hungry I am (I work out at my lunch time), and also the workout (running v. lifting/other cardio). If running - I try to eat at least 45min prior and not very much. I also have to watch my coffee (but not tea) as it really hurts my stomach prior to a run - but not lifting or other activities. My workouts aren't more than 30min though - unless running.
  • DivaMoe40
    DivaMoe40 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    It all depends on your preference. I eat before I workout as it helps me and I get shaky if I don't.

If I don't eat something before a workout, especially when I am taking a class, I become quesy before the end of the class. I usually eat nature valley sweet & saltly granola bar before the gym and it takes me through.
  • andreagreen1974
    andreagreen1974 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I do eat before hand, but at least an hour or so. I find if I work out really hard on a full belly I get some complaints from the belly!!
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    I would,
    Depending on what you eat, it will provide quick burst of energy for you to start yoru workout.
    and then the energy needed to continue the work out.