Anyone done/doing Couch To 5k?

Options
Hey, everyone!

I'm getting prepped to run three 5k events this summer, and although I'm pretty confident in my running, I'd still like to try out this app! Basically it's to be done three times a week, and it slowly gets you prepped for a 5k run.

Anyone doing this right now?

Anyone completed it?

What do you guys think of it?

Replies

• changingstephanie
    changingstephanie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I did it once before and loved it. It slowly increases you and you don't really notice. All the sudden you're running 3 miles like it's nothing. I started around November of 2011 and I'm getting ready for a half marathon now. Running can be addictive! Good luck!
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Finished it last week. I ran 5K in 30 minutes. I sucked at running before. The first few weeks are brutal, even though you only run for a bit and then walk.

Get fitted somewhere for running shoes.

Noticed you're in Edmonton, if you use the Zen Labs C25K app you get $1 amazon.ca GCs from the app. And when you finish week 7 you get a $98 off coupon for ClearlyContacts.ca.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I am in the middle of it now. One more run in week four. My daughter is doing it and that inspired me to do it. I am finding it extremly hard at this point. But I do like the challenge.
  • barefootsoul91
    Options
    I have done it before, but then took a long break from running so I am doing it again starting Monday. I am mixing it with 5,4,3,2,1 Workout I found. This will be nice!
  • niftyfoodie
    niftyfoodie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I did, and it's a great program! Got me hooked on running! :-)
  • katierik
    katierik Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I did it a few months ago and loved it! I ended up quitting halfway through the first time because of knee problems, but I ended up losing ~10lbs doing the elliptical and eating better. Then hopped back into C25K! I'm running a half marathon in May, I agree, running is addicting!
  • andrea_v2h
    Options
    I just finished week 7 and have loved it. Prior to last week I'd never run a mile straight in my life. This week I did about 2.2 miles straight 3 different times. It's amazing how quickly your body adapts. When I first started, the 1 minute jog interval was practically torture. Now I can handle the 25 minutes like it's (almost) nothing. Great program!
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I did couch to 5k and I loved it. I now run 5k three times a week!

With love,
    Burt
  • lilacinfinity
    lilacinfinity Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I have also done it. It is a very good programme.
    If you've not done any running, the first few weeks will be hell. Week 2 was the hardest for me.
    My biggest tip is to do a few extra days on each of the early weeks if you need to. Better to stretch the programme out to 12 weeks, than to give up.
  • Michelle12583
    Michelle12583 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am on week 2 Day 3. I am not a runner at all and its very tough but I am determined to stick with it. =)
  • mommytoaiden
    mommytoaiden Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Doing it now and on week 1 day 3. I've repeated week one twice though just because I wanted to. I like the app on my phone and every day the jogging portion gets a little bit easier.