Low Cal Crock Pot Dinners

Options
TraciStivers
TraciStivers Posts: 116 Member
I work all day and the minute I get home my family is screaming that they are hungry. Therefore I am madly in love with my crock pot. So recently I felt the need to change it up a bit and get some new recipes. I found the recipe below, and it's just over 300 calories a serving? Plus, only five minutes prep time!

Do you have an awesome crockpot recipe thats low calorie? Please share.

3 lbs red potatoes
2 lbs smoked sausage
8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
10 1/2 ounces cream of celery soup
1 ounce dry ranch dressing mix

Spray slow cooker with Pam. Cut potatoes into wedges or whatever size pieces your family likes. You can leave the skins off or on (we like them on)throw them in the pot. Cut sausage into 1/4" slices and throw them into the pot. In a bowl blend softened cream chees, cream of celery soup and envelope of dry ranch dressing mix. Pour over Potatoes and sausage.Give it a little stir. Cook low 6-8 hours.

This serves eight.

Edited to add: I know it sounds like a weird combo, but we had it last night and it was yummy!

Replies

• jessclutter79
    jessclutter79 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you- I'm trying this tonight!
  • unicornlady77
    Options
    my family has two favorites,

just throw chicken in the crockpot with a jar of salsa

and Chicken Cordon Blue: 4 breasts,can of 98% fat free cream of chicken soup,can full of chicken broth,then serve chicken breasts with a slice of Swiss and a slice or two of ham. sauce is good as gravy for mashed potatoes. if its an exersice day sometimes I add a package of reduced fat cream cheese to soup and broth.
  • eventerchick80
    eventerchick80 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Holy crap, that sounds amazing!
  • Erica_Rae
    Erica_Rae Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tararocks
    tararocks Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    wow that sounds really good...300 cals not bad either, what are you calling a serving?
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Sounds delish....

In my crock pot today: boneless, skinless chicken breast + 1 large jar of mild salsa.....let me just say...AWESOME!!!
    :drinker:
  • mconway79
    mconway79 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    adding to my topics. I hope to see more recipes I'd love to try something new
  • kosuski
    kosuski Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    We do the salsa chicken as well, but I add black beans, corn, and fat free cream cheese--YUMMY!
  • yankeez1212
    Options
    bump
  • frankyk89
    frankyk89 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    We do the salsa chicken as well, but I add black beans, corn, and fat free cream cheese--YUMMY!
    ^^ this and i also add a packet of taco seasoning or homemade taco seasoning.....
  • timeforsomethingsweet
    timeforsomethingsweet Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    yum, gotta try this =) thanks for posting!:flowerforyou:
  • jallenjax
    jallenjax Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    sounds good.
  • rmoore415
    rmoore415 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy!
  • johncarocci
    Options
    This isn't so great for a meal but this is my crock-pot invention:

Fill crock pot about 3/4 way with a mixture of apples and pears cut into bite sized chunks.
    Stir in a mixture of dark brown sugar and cinnamon until pieces are evenly coated (more on this later)
    Add half a bag of cranberries

Cook until pieces are soft but not mushy (think the firmness of apple pie). Don't overcook or it turns to mushy-mess.

You can peel fruit if you like but I like the skin left on.

You can add walnuts or raisins or anything, really.

I like a mix of sweet and tart varieties of apples. Include about half granny smith and half "other". Same with the pears... mix up the dark brown pears with the round green pears.

Now, here's where it gets messy. The brown sugar adds a lot of calories, but when I've tried it with low-cal substitutes it just doesn't turn out as well. I'd say use as little brown sugar as you can. You can eat it right out of the crockpot, or with oatmeal or as a side-dish or dessert.

The best part is that everything is flexible - you can customize it to your taste and other than overcooking (where everything runs together and makes an unappetizing brown mush) there's no way to screw it up.
  • Gdzgal771
    Gdzgal771 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    also works great if u add reduced sodium black beans..:smile::flowerforyou:
  • greatmom2
    greatmom2 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I love using my crock pot!! Thank you for the new recipes!! Excited to try them!!
  • losingdreamie
    Options
    BUMP
  • LesRWilliams
    Options
    Check out MichaelKoryFitness on Youtube for great low-cal healthy recepies!
  • barbiedollgirl
    barbiedollgirl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lucyricky2
    lucyricky2 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    bump for later. have to get on desktop to print these out.