MFP Runner's Club June 16

Options
kechiemc
kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
Good morning

I ran 5K (that's a little over 3 miles for our non running friends) bright and early this morning. The run felt great after a day off yesterday.

Enjoy the day everyone and "run like someone is chasing you".:noway:

-Kechie

Replies

• kechiemc
    Options
    Good morning

I ran 5K (that's a little over 3 miles for our non running friends) bright and early this morning. The run felt great after a day off yesterday.

Enjoy the day everyone and "run like someone is chasing you".:noway:

-Kechie
  • sitarami
    sitarami Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join the Runners Club! :tongue:
    I did my first run in weeks this morning @6am.
    1.25 mile run- hilly terrain.
    1mile speed walking-track
    Tomorrow I'll try to run like someone is chasing me.
  • jadaigle
    jadaigle Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I just finished 3 miles.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    I'm no gazelle when running...I'm more like a St. Bernard or the dog in the movie, "Turner and Hooch." However, these posts have been pushing me to run each day that I can not ride. I'm doing just over two miles, with my lovely tax deductions each day. Do you burn more calories tripping over kids bikes and jumping over skateboards as you run up and own the street? :laugh: Surely I get to count it as aerobic too, right?

Kids are soooooooooooooo the best workout partner you can have. They don't have any pace, you never know what your workout will be, and they don't nag you and tell you your but shakes too much...at least most of the time! :tongue:
  • kechiemc
    Options
    I'd like to join the Runners Club! :tongue:
    I did my first run in weeks this morning @6am.
    1.25 mile run- hilly terrain.
    1mile speed walking-track
    Tomorrow I'll try to run like someone is chasing me.

Welcome! We check in daily to report our runs, walks, and rest days. This is a great place to receive support and share your successes and challenges.

By the way, only a few of us can actually run like someone is chasing us. Most of us are pretty slow.:laugh: "Run like someone is chasing you." is just a joke. I started saying that after my 5 year old daughter told me that at a race.

Welcome aboard. Can't wait to hear about your successes.

-Kechie.
  • MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Well, I did it! Saturday I finished week 5 of Couch to 5K. That meant 20 minutes straight of jogging. The first 5 minutes were the hardest, after that I fell into a rythym and just kept going! I almost cried tears of joy! :happy:
    Then I worked in the garden, sunburned my back, and don't feel so good today:grumble:

Oh yeah, don't forget my marching band of dancing bananas!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Well, I did it! Saturday I finished week 5 of Couch to 5K. That meant 20 minutes straight of jogging. The first 5 minutes were the hardest, after that I fell into a rythym and just kept going! I almost cried tears of joy! :happy:
    Then I worked in the garden, sunburned my back, and don't feel so good today:grumble:

Oh yeah, don't forget my marching band of dancing bananas!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Wow! Congrats to you on your success! You should be proud. For me running is more than exercise most days... it's a personal triumph against my crummy gym teachers who said I wasn't an athlete! So, kudos to you!

I feel like I'm never gonna get back into it. (Ok. That may be a little overstating it, but it's been months since I missed this many days in a row.) My husband has been sick since Friday and my youngest daughter has had the worst sleeping schedule (wake-up calls at 5:15.) We're gonna try to go out and do something this morning, but it's not the same as logging those miles. Y'all know what I mean.

Happy trails to all hitting the pavement and treadmills today!
    P
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Morning,

Being the loser I am, I didn't get out to run this morning cuz I went to bed too late. I stayed up to see new kids on the block perform. I didn't get to bed until 11pm and I couldn't get up at 5am to run. Oh, well. It was worth it! lol
  • kechiemc
    Options

MargieM, Sorry to hear about the sunburn.:frown:

Congratulations on completing 20 minutes! That is a major breakthrough. Things will continue to improve for you.

Do not get discouraged by the beginning minutes feeling the hardest. I have been running for over a year and I still find my first 10-15 minutes challenging. I just keep running, focus on my form and my breathing, and I always feel better after that first 10-15 minutes.

Wait till you can run over 4 miles without stopping, you're gonna love the runner's high. Yes it is real!

I am so proud of you! :flowerforyou:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options

CONGRATS!!!! That is an incredible accomplishment!! YIPEE!!!! No more couch potato for you!! You are a full fledged runner!!!

The first 5 minutes are always the hardest!! :laugh:

Banane21.gifBananeyessss.gifBanane21.gifBananeyessss.gifBanane21.gifBananeyessss.gifBanane21.gifBananeyessss.gifBanane21.gifBananeyessss.gif
  • kechiemc
    Options
    Morning,

Being the loser I am, I didn't get out to run this morning cuz I went to bed too late. I stayed up to see new kids on the block perform. I didn't get to bed until 11pm and I couldn't get up at 5am to run. Oh, well. It was worth it! lol

Hi there Mireille

It is great to hear from you! New Kids are still around?! I have got to get out more.:laugh:

Enjoy the day
    -Kechie.
  • kechiemc
    Options

Wow! Congrats to you on your success! You should be proud. For me running is more than exercise most days... it's a personal triumph against my crummy gym teachers who said I wasn't an athlete! So, kudos to you!

I feel like I'm never gonna get back into it. (Ok. That may be a little overstating it, but it's been months since I missed this many days in a row.) My husband has been sick since Friday and my youngest daughter has had the worst sleeping schedule (wake-up calls at 5:15.) We're gonna try to go out and do something this morning, but it's not the same as logging those miles. Y'all know what I mean.

P

I know what you mean. Hang in there!:heart:
  • pmkelly409
    Options

P

PAM!! Don't start getting all Debbie Downer on us!! Just like everything else - life is cyclical! You WILL get back into a groove because it is a part of you - remain positive while life throws you a curve ball and perhaps later this week or next week you will be back at it full speed!! Then you will look back and say, "that wasn't so bad"....

:heart: Tricia
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    Morning,

Hi there Mireille

It is great to hear from you! New Kids are still around?! I have got to get out more.:laugh:

Enjoy the day
    -Kechie.

Wow! New Kids! Heard they were back, how were they? I didn't think anything kept you from your 5am run!?!? Now we know your weak spot!! :laugh:
  • alimassa
    alimassa Posts: 275
    Options
    Morning,

Hi there Mireille

Enjoy the day
    -Kechie.

Wow! New Kids! Heard they were back, how were they? I didn't think anything kept you from your 5am run!?!? Now we know your weak spot!! :laugh:

I am JELIOUS! I am going to go to there concert when they get to Minneapolis or KC...I know...dorky 31 year old...but at least that will make me feel like a kid again! hahaha

No running for me this morning...just circut class at 530am! I have a 5K I am running in on Saturday...any advise for what I should do this week training wise??

Happy Running!!

Ali
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    Morning,

Hi there Mireille

Enjoy the day
    -Kechie.

I am JELIOUS! I am going to go to there concert when they get to Minneapolis or KC...I know...dorky 31 year old...but at least that will make me feel like a kid again! hahaha

No running for me this morning...just circut class at 530am! I have a 5K I am running in on Saturday...any advise for what I should do this week training wise??

Happy Running!!

Ali

Is this your first 5K?
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I love how this thread is growing! :drinker:

Good job to everyone that ran this morning. :drinker: :heart:

(Giggles picturing Mireille in her faded, "I :heart: Donnie Wahlberg" t/shirt!) :laugh:
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    Today was my swim day. I'm training for my 1/2 ironman. I might get a run in tonight though
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    I just wanted to acknowledge our friends Kechie and Shannon for their awesome race finishes this weekend!!

You girls ROCK!!

19.gif19.gif19.gif19.gif19.gif19.gif

Ali just told us she has a race coming up this weekend. anyone else?!?!
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Today is a cross-training day for me, so instead of running, I'm going to do elliptical. I'm so happy I'm on summer break! Have a great day everyone! Also, great job on the races!:heart: