Any pesce-pollotarians out there?

Options
Is there anyone out there that practices the pesce-pollotarian diet (eats seafood and poultry but no mammalian meat)? I've followed this diet for 3 years now and I don't know anyone else who does!
If you do, add me. I'd love to hear about the types of food/recipes you eat/make :)

Replies

• now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I've honestly never heard of this. I don't see why there are so many labels to how people eat. You either eat meat, are vegetarian or are vegan. I don't understand pescatarian either as you are still eating animal flesh and therefore should be in the meat category..... but people like labels so let them make the world confusing.
  • Seoul11
    Seoul11 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Pescetarian, but no chicken meat...
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,047 Member
    Options
    You just made up that label, did you? I don't eat a lot of four legged animal meat. What about Crustaceans? Do you eat them?
  • JuliannaEP
    JuliannaEP Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm not, but I know plenty. There are some famous pescetarians, as well.
  • theskinnylist
    theskinnylist Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    For the next 4 weeks my fiance and I are doing a plant based diet for our wedding. But I am typically pescetarian/poultry only as well.
  • HotrodsGirl0107
    HotrodsGirl0107 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Seriously? This is an actual thing. I guess people just want to be part of a label. I think everyone would just call it being an omnivore because technically you are eating meat.

I guess I am a pesce-pollo-porkatarian (I felt silly just typing that).
  • Seoul11
    Seoul11 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    You just made up that label, did you? I don't eat a lot of four legged animal meat. What about Crustaceans? Do you eat them?

Love me some crustaceans!
  • GoTeamMeaghan
    GoTeamMeaghan Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I think its pretty safe to just say you're a meat eater. I have honestly never heard of this.
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    That's almost as ridiculous a label as flexitarian....
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I'm a meat-a-saurus.. there i'm properly labled and feel like I fit in now. LMAO

although no shellfish cause they are deadly to me. (booo)

Oh yes. I'm also a plant-a-saurus..
  • cmriverside
    Options

Love me some crustaceans!

I know, right? Tasty little bugs. High protein, low cal, low fat. Well, except all that butter. Details.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I am learning new words today from this thread! I only eat mammal meat and chicken, not a fan of seafood. What does that make me?! :)
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I am learning new words today from this thread! I only eat mammal meat and chicken, not a fan of seafood. What does that make me?! :)

A meatatarian?
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    I'm Episcopalian. is that close enough?
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I'm Episcopalian. is that close enough?

Not unless you eat them for dinner. :)
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I try not to practice eating. I just shovel it in.

I've heard a lot of labels before, but this is a new one to me.
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options

A meatatarian?
    i THINK IT WOULD BE MEAT-POLLITARIAN???
    Sorry, caps are still on from the last thread!:blushing:
  • AMAdams10
    AMAdams10 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That's actually what I eat. I've never labeled it but you can call it what you want :-)

We eat wild-caught, sustainable fish. I don't eat red meat because of a lot of reasons, the main one being that I'm not really a fan. I don't eat pork mostly because I don't care for it-except for bacon which is so bad for me. So no pork it is!

It's also a personal choice for my own health. Not one that everyone makes, but it works for me and my lifestyle.
  • HotrodsGirl0107
    HotrodsGirl0107 Posts: 243 Member
    Options

A meatatarian?

If you eat veggies to you just be a omnivore. Or you could do like I did and jus make something up. Maybe a
    pollo-porka-beefatarian :)
  • cmriverside
    Options

i THINK IT WOULD BE MEAT-POLLITARIAN???
    Sorry, caps are still on from the last thread!:blushing:

WE PEELZ R ANIMULZ B4 WE ETZ DEM.