Dancing Stage/DDR Player and Weight Loss Newbie

Options
Hi all,

I've just recently joined myfitnesspal after downloading the free iPhone app. I'm looking to lose about two and a half stone and I'm hoping to do this by combining a 1200 cal allowance + using up any cals earned from exercise. Since I have a low boredom threshold the gym isn't for me, so my main forms of exercise will be cycling and... Dancing Stage/DDR.

I don't know anyone in RL using this site, so if you're reading this and think we might get along then please befriend me for some mutual support.

Particularly interested in hearing from people who can offer advice on how to ace it on the dance mat. I'm currently on basic mode and struggle with most 4 footer songs.

Replies

• ARJacobson
    ARJacobson Posts: 11
    Options
    I love DDR. We used to have competitions at my house. GO YOU!!! I could only play on easy whenever I played but the longer you play and the more often you do songs the more coordinated you will become. I think it goes along with the cliche that "practice makes perfect"...well almost perfect. Good luck working out with DDR, I am sure it will be lots of fun!!!
  • poipoi
    poipoi Posts: 2
    Options
    Fun is definitely the word! I used to play a few years ago - also when friends were over - but never seriously played it on my own. This time I've only had two sessions so far and I'm addicted and can't wait to get back on it. When you play in quest or challenge mode the time flies by, so I've been timing myself to make sure I don't stay on for too long - an hour max at the moment as I don't want to kill my knees and I recall this happening to me once before when I overdid it.

Good to meet you btw and congrats on your weight loss so far :)
  • Candicimo
    Candicimo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    YAY! Im so glad to find some fellow DDRers : ] I play DDR religiously. Hahaha. Ive been playing since my sophomore year in high school in '04. I lost 40 pounds playing it on workout mode in '07. I play it on PS2 and my favorite game out of all of them is Maxx2. You get a great workout from it and I absolutely LOVE it.