Need recipes for breakfast

Options
jennywilliams1232
jennywilliams1232 Posts: 8 Member
Hi,

I need some suggestions for breakfast that are very filling but low cal? Anyone? I do love to cook and will eat most thing.

Replies

• Better4Summer
    Options
    I like plain yogurt with sliced banana and raspberries (200 cals) for a good serving but breakfast is very important so if it's to lose weight you want low cals maybe think scrambled eggs as to turn the body into a fat burning machine you should start the day with protein... Must remember this myself lol
  • Better4Summer
    Options
    Egg white omelette is good and good for protein too :)
  • jennywilliams1232
    Options
    Just starting with the weight loss. Things are moving. Yogurt is great. I eat it with fresh fruit, but don't stay full long. Looking for something to hold me longer. Battling hunger is what I am having trouble with right now. I know this will change over time.
  • serenitygranted11
    Options
    I normally do 100% Whole grain oatmeal with a cup of fruit added (no sugar or butter) or Egg whites and fruit ( I sometimes add basil, bell peppers and or shredded chicken! I also drink about 2 cups of water with breakfast fills me up until my mid-morning snack!
  • KarenOsbourne
    Options
    Try 1/2 cup of non-fat cottage cheese (protein) 1/2 cup water, 1 fat-free, sugar-free yogurt cup (125 ml), a packet of stevia (or other sweetener), 5 or 6 ice cubes..blend it all together in a magic bullet, and you have a very quick smoothy.
  • Better4Summer
    Options
    Mapel and pecan porridge.. Its yum ;)
  • jennywilliams1232
    Options
    Thanks for all the great suggestions. Will definitely try some of these.
  • techie30
    techie30 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I do a kind of "scramble": 3 egg whites, 1 whole egg, sauteed onions and bell peppers, somtimes I add turkey sausage crumbles. I add sauteed chopped sweet potatoes (kind of like hash browns) when I want some extra good carbs. I sautee in very light olive oil or just use water. Overall not bad on the calories. Super filling and yummy!
  • mmontoya1106
    Options
    I usually eat at 7am two packages of Kashi GO LEAN oatmeal (i think its the crunchy kind? its in a brown and purple box) two of those and I make it with Vita Coconut Water. (I drink the rest of the coconut water I dont use) Total is 360 calories. Keeps me full until 11am. I am also very active at work constantly running around. So if you have a desk job, this may keep you fuller until lunch time! Hope I could help! MM
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Just starting with the weight loss. Things are moving. Yogurt is great. I eat it with fresh fruit, but don't stay full long. Looking for something to hold me longer. Battling hunger is what I am having trouble with right now. I know this will change over time.

Add fiber and fat to your yogurt: 3/4 C Kashi Go Lean (cereal) mix in: Dannon Light & Fit, 1/4 C frozen raspberries, 1 TBL sliced almonds. 250 Calories ... 16.8 gms protein, 10.5 gms fiber, 4.6 gms good fat ..... this keeps me full until lunch

Steel cut oats mixed with PB2 (powdered peanut butter) and sweetened with maple syrup ..... you could mix in protein powder if you like
    215 Calories ... 9.4 gms protein, 5.8 gms fiber, 3.8 gms fat
  • Jarredgautreaux
    Jarredgautreaux Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    For breakfast this morning I did
    8 tbsp egg white
    .5 oz cream cheese
    2 slices of turkey breast
    1 wheat pita bread

272 cal and very filling
  • Better4Summer
    Options
    I do a kind of "scramble": 3 egg whites, 1 whole egg, sauteed onions and bell peppers, somtimes I add turkey sausage crumbles. I add sauteed chopped sweet potatoes (kind of like hash browns) when I want some extra good carbs. I sautee in very light olive oil or just use water. Overall not bad on the calories. Super filling and yummy!

That sounds all kinds a yum to me :-P